• Category: Central Government

Query about name correction in PAN card

HAve a query about PAN card? Worried about how to correct wrongly spelt name in PAN card? Find advice from experts on this page and resolve yuor query.

My name does not match in PAN card and Form 16. When I realized that it was a mistake in my PAN CARD, I applied for name change online and submitted the copies. But now they are telling that there should not be any initials. . So if I expand the initial it will be a conflict with all other documents. I want my name to be spelt correctly.

• Aadhar card wants full name with out any abbreviations or initials. There is no rule that all other documents should contain the same name. My full name is Narasimhadevara Venkata Srinivasa Rao. But some of the documents show as N V Srinivasa Rao. As long as the intials are tallying with the first letter of your full name there will not be any problem. Aadhaar will not accept any shorter form of your name. So if you want author you have to give and if necessary you have apply for change in other papers.

• Your name does not match in PAN card and Form 16. When you realized that it was a mistake in my PAN CARD, then you applied for name change online and submitted the copies. But now they are telling that there should not be any initials.You should fill PAN Change Request Form online and submit the form.You can rectify the error(s) and re-submit the form. Choose the edit option else it shall choose the confirm option. For Changes or Correction in PAN data, fill all mandatory fields of the Form and select the corresponding box on left margin of appropriate field where correction is required.If your name is correct in Aadhar card then fill the PAN card form by aadhar card.In case Aadhaar number of Individual applicant is entered in the application form, then proof of Aadhaar along with supporting documents is to be submitted to NSDL e-Gov.

• My name in Aadhar is with initial. Same in Voter Id also. Thats why i gave that name in PAN Card also. But now I am facing this problem. What shall i do?

• Basically you want to change your name in the PAN Card. You have to submit PAN Card change request form online. You are required to rectify the errors (your full name without any abbreviation) and re-submit the form. You have to choose the 'Edit' option while filling up the form online.

• Correction in PAN card is very easy. You have to visit the PAN card center and fill a form for your requirement . You can also apply online for this.
    If you give supporting documents for correction of name they will take it as it is which means if your name in supporting documents is in initials then they will make in the PAN card in same way. So you will get it in same order.
    If Aadhar card authority are insisting for full name then also it is not serious because you can have initials in PAN but simultaneously full name in Aadhar.

• I have my name in PAN record as 'RAJESH KUMAR DUBEY' but my name is printed on my PAN card as 'RAJESH DUBEY' .When I applied for correct name printing on PAN.it was rejected with mismatch with Aadhar card name issue. I don't have any ID proof with name as 'RAJESH KUMAR DUBEY' I have my educational certificate only with name as 'RAJESH KUMAR DUBEY' now how to correct my name in Aadhar card ,as it ask for ID proof with name as required on Aadhar card & PAN correction show mismatch due to Aadhar card.
    As I thought it was not so important few years back so I not bothered about my correct name on my PAN .even my name in registered as 'RAJESH KUMAR DUBEY' in the PAN record.
    Now please guide me how correct both name as 'RAJESH KUMAR DUBEY'

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.