You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Science

    Scholarship for the students who could not qualify NET

    Have a query about JRF/SRF scholarships? Interested in knowing the pre requisites for RA position? Here, on this page you can read responses from experts and resolve your doubts.

    Kindly let me the amount of the scholarship who are working as JRF/SRF but could not qualify CSIR UGC NET or any other National level exam. With this I would also like to know whether students who have just submitted the thesis are eligible to apply for the RA post?
  • Answers

    4 Answers found.
  • Students who just submitted Thesis can't apply for Research Associate. He has to obtain the degree. Then only they will consider, as the competition is very high. JRF will be converted to SRF after two years of Research with Pre Ph.D and a paper. After obtaining Ph.D, if your research director recommends your fellowship will become PDRF(Post-Doctoral Fellowship).
    Then only they may consider your application for RA.
    The students who are not qualified in the NET test are not eligible for the fellowship. But there are some schemes going on in various universities in which the professors will appoint come scholars and they will give the scholarship. Generally, it varies between 12000 to 15000 rupees per month. Each University will also have some scholarships and the amounts will be almost same as that mentioned above.
    I think that is what you wanted to know.

    always confident

  • If a person does not qualify in CSIR-NET then he will not get the admission for research fellowship and naturally deprived of the scholarship.

    On the other hand there are few vacancies in universities and research institutions for pursuing research after doing post graduation. These universities have some criterion for selection and normally a I class in post graduation/ BE is required. Junior Research Fellowshop (JRF) is the first thing in this line. After completing 2 yrs one is eligible for SRF.

    Now for being eligible for Research Assistant (RA) either one has to complete PhD or SRF. The research assistant has to assist the professor in all research related matters and practically he sees all the work of professor from writing of papers to the laisoning work.

    Knowledge is power.

  • After doing BE or MSc one can try to get a research fellowship in some institution or university. Those who qualify in national level exam like CSIR NET they get opportunity for junior research fellowship in good institutions.

    Those who do not qualify in national level examinations have to try in various universities and institutions by submitting their biodata and application for JRF. In the universities there is a panel of professors for selecting the students for research fellowship.

    Only after 2 years work in Junior research fellowship one is eligible for applying for senior research fellowship. After completing SRF one can apply for research assistant (RA) post and people done there PhD also apply for the same so there is tough competition.

    RA is a good position under the professor and is responsible for assisting the professor in all the research related work.

    The scholarship for NET qualified people is much more than the normal scholarship available for research in various institutions and universities.

    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

  • Thank you very much to all of you for the kind response.



  • Sign In to post your comments