You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Other Jobs

    Regarding OBC non creamy layer certificate issue

    Want to resolve an issue in OBC non creamy layer certificate? Looking out procedure to correct mother's name? Here, find responses from experts to your query.

    In my OBC certificate there is spelling mistake in my mother's name. Will there be any problem in document verification? What is the solution? How to correct the spelling mistake or it is not a major issue? In my state Bihar it takes almost 2-3 months to make OBC certificate.
  • Answers

    3 Answers found.
  • Generally, this certificate will be issued by District Magistrate/Dy Commissioner. For any corrections, you have to contact them only. You have to contact Revenue Divisional officer and make an application and you have to attach an attested copy of your tenth certificate in which your mother's name is correctly mentioned. They will forward it to District collector with their remarks. The collector's office will do the needful.

    always confident

  • You have to get corrected this mistake at an earliest because this can create problem at the time of document verification when ever you go for higher education or jobs.

    You can approach the District Magistrate office or collectorate office to find out the designated person there who is authorised to issue these certificates.

    After that you apply to them requesting for this correction. You will have to submit your original OBC certificate along with your mothers Aadhar card or voter card or ration cars in support of her correct name. You can also attach your earlier school certificates where your mothers name is correctly reflected.

    It may take some time but you have to pursue it as it is an important job.

    Knowledge is power.

  • I have heard of apathy in Bihar. In your case it is true you must make an application to Tahshildar of your Tehsil for having change/ correction.
    Normally any one of these documents is enough.
    1. Birth certificate.
    2. Transfer certificate with mother name.
    3. Ration card.
    4. Aadhar card of your mother.
    Or any Government document having both your name and your mother name.
    You have to submit your application to your village administrative officer. He/ she will verify the claims and send it to Revenue Inspector who in turn will submit a report in this regard to Deputy Tahshildar. Either Deputy Tahshildar /. Tahshildar will issue you new certificate depending upon the nature of your Tehsil.
    If there is process of application number system in your Tehsil then give them the application number when you submitted your documents for getting the certificate previously. As normally Government officials have to maintain previous 1 year record mandatorily under RTI it will help them in tracing your past application and help in giving your certificate in prompt time.
    My sincere advice if there is any admission process going in your state then give your application at that time, Because during those times officials will fully concentrate on issuing certificates and will process faster as they know applicants have to submit in time to educational institutes otherwise it will become a problem.
    Further normal time even well developed area is 15 days. So have an Idea of citizen charter of your area in case to see whom in case of inordinate delay.
    Make a separate representation to Deputy Tahshildar concerning your problem.
    Of course the above are just to solve institutional problems. But in case of corruption is prevalent then the situation is different and you have to be more careful.

  • Sign In to post your comments