You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Panchayat/Municipality/Corporation

    Agriculture product based that helps crops grow in scarce rainy regions

    Want to sell a newly developed fertiliser? Searching for the procedure of licensing and certification process in India? Here, on this page find the details of all the information you are looking out for.

    I have developed a new product that can help crops to give better yield. It is a kind of a fertiliser too. I want to know how can I bring it to the market. Where can I get licensing and certification in India for the same? It is a potassium based product which is definitely good for any type of soil and it helps in water scarce regions.
    I am concerned about laboratory experiments and where can I do it. I also want a proper governmental certification for my product.
  • Answers

    4 Answers found.
  • The Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) is India's premier national Institute for agricultural research, education and extension.It is situated in Delhi. It is financed and administered by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) is an autonomous organisation under the Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE), Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of India, with its headquarters at New Delhi.
    It will be coordinating, guiding and managing research and education in agriculture including horticulture, fisheries and animal sciences in the entire country. There are 101 ICAR institutes and 71 agricultural universities spread across the country, You can get in touch with this. The phone number and email addresses are given below for your ready reference.
    Phone: 91-11-25843301 Email:

    always confident

  • It's really good that you have developed a fertilizer which helps the farmers. To get the government certification I would prefer you to go and contact the grammena office and explain them about your fertilizer and how it helps for crops and what is the cost that you charging for that fertilizer. You need to take the laboratory tested certificate.

  • Congratulations on developing a new product. I think this would be ideal for the government starts up support given to ensure new ideas and discoveries can be converted into a business run by you. AGRI-UDAAN is the program aimed at turning ideas like this into profitable ventures with support in the areas of mentors, training and getting investors.
    Since you say it's a new product, it fits into the aim of AGRI-UDAAN to revolutionize Indian agriculture sector by today's farmers.

    Try going through this website:

    1.Ajit Kumar
    Please check the deadlines, if you think your product is a unique new one, then please be careful so that it's not copied or your formula is misused.

  • First of all you see in the internet or any library where literature on Agriculture related formulations are available and see whether such products are already documented there. If so your product will not be considered as new.

    Anyway if you feel that your product or technique is different than those which are existing in practice then you can approach the block or district level agriculture/ horticulture authorities for formalizing and getting your product recognised with Government. They will help you to approach other big laboratories or ICAR and work as a proper channel for it.

    In case of new idea or new product it is also advisable to get it patented in internet so that no one without your permission can commercialize this. You can visit the site -
    - to know more about the intellectual property rights and process of patenting.

    Another thing is there are some NGO organisations which help new entrepreneurs for their business propositions. You can think in that line also.

    Knowledge is power.

  • Sign In to post your comments