You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Career Guidance

    Father.s name mismatching in my original documents

    Planning for apply for government job? Worried about a typo error in any of the documents? Check out this page to decide how to correct the typo and resolve your worries.

    My father.s name is not entered correctly in my 10th class marksheet.
    Can my application for government job be rejected due to my father name mismatch?
    Should I apply for correction?
    Will I be rejected at the time of verification while applying for any government job?
  • Answers

    4 Answers found.
  • Yes. You father's name should be correct in your certificates. These days for everything government is trying to link aadhaar card. So your father's name should match his name as in aadhaar card. If it is not matching, it is better you apply immediately. You have to contact the headmaster of the school where you have studied and give your problem in writing. Attach your original Xth certificate and an attested Aadhaar card for correction of your father's name. They will forward it to the Board and get the correction made. It may take 2 or 3 months for the complete process to be completed, please take the action at the earliest.

    always confident

  • Its big mistake father's name should be correct, to correct your father's name in your 10th standard certificate, first, you should contact the head of the institution, where you have completed your 10th standard and you should produce and written request to him/her by attaching following documents.
    Orignal copy of admission form filled by parents, while taking admissions.
    Orignal copy of School leaving certificate.
    Orignal copy of 10th standard pass certificate then the head of an institution will forward your application to the board and he/she will take care to make necessary correction and will intimate you after getting the new certificate.

  • This is a serious mistake because every time at the time of verification of documents there will be a mismatch.

    You can approach the board authorities for this correction. They will ask the supporting documents in favour of the correct name of your father like his Aadhaar card or PAN card or driving license or voter card.

    Once you submit these to them they will take some time in processing of your case and issue the corrected marksheet.

    Another way is to make an legal affidavit giving all the details and correct name and getting it certified by a magistrate. This is also accepted as equivalent to correction.

    Knowledge is power.

  • When did you appear in Board examination? If it was recent, then you can write to the concerned Board giving the copies of supporting documents which indicate your father's name correctly. Otherwise, you have to take the affidavit route. You have to sign an affidavit before a first class magistrate of your city indicating the correct name of your father along with the incorrect one which has been mentioned in the Board mark-sheet.You have to publish similar advertisements in two newspapers (one English and one vernacular). You have to preserve the original affidavit and original advertisements permanently.

    If the correction is not done, you may have to face difficulties in future (at the time of appointment, at the time of acquiring immovable property, etc.).

    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

  • Sign In to post your comments