You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Teaching Jobs

    Government teaching job after B.Tech qualification

    Have a query about the future scope after doing BEd? Wondering if you can procure a government teaching job? You can read the responses from experts on this page and resolve your worries.

    I have completed B.Tech and now I am doing B.Ed.
    Am I eligible for TGT PGT or TET or any government teaching job?
    What should I do now for getting a government teaching job?
    I have submitted my full fees 51250 rupees for B.Ed.
  • Answers

    1 Answers found.
  • You have completed B.Tech and paid your full fees for B.Ed which is a two year program and you want a government teaching job.

    For Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) exam, Trained Graduate teacher (TGT) you need a graduate from any discipline AND a B.Ed degree from a recognized college/university.

    With B.Tech and B.Ed you will NOT be able to apply for PGT test, you need a postgraduate qualification to apply for PGT.
    The TGT certificate will enable you to apply for teaching students between 6-10th level.

    PRT - Primary teacher test has to be cleared for teaching Primary school students. You may need to complete the Diploma in Elementary education (D.El.Ed) as last year there was a report from Uttarakhand about 60,000 B.Ed teachers not being eligible for basic teachers in 2016. Please check the guidance from the relevant state that you live in.

    Once you complete B.Ed you would be eligible to apply for a teachers job from secondary school onwards. Also check the age limit, as many governments have the age limit for government teacher jobs as 35 years. Some state like UP, have relaxed the upper age limit from 35 to 40 Years. So, Please verify this now it's from school boards in the state that you live or intend to work in.

    If you have age issues, then you can take the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) which will enable you to apply for private schools, Army Public Schools, Training institutes also.

  • Sign In to post your comments