Here is my suggestion on planning your trip to Shimla
1. Best and affordable hotel to stay in Shimla
1. Evoke Shimla Havens Resorts. Price starting from Rs.600. It is a 4-star hotel. They have neatly arranged upscale rooms with attached outdoor activities & a restaurant/bar. It is an affordable mountain resort with all the standard amenities.
2. Sunrise Villa. Price starting from Rs.1,730. It is a 3-star hotel that offers simple yet beautiful rooms with balconies, excellent mountain views and a garden.
3. Dev Home Stay. Price starts from Rs.1,605. This is also a nice hotel to consider with nice view and good service.
4. OYO Vatika Resort. Price starting at Rs.1,800. You get independent cottages to stay. Nice view with a compound to enjoy the scenario.
5. Toshali Royal View. Price starting at 1,729. It is a ·3-star hotel with traditional styled rooms with attached balconies that open to excellent mountain views. You get restaurant/bar, spa and a game room too.
All these places will have parking facility.
2. Places to visit
There are many places to visit in Shimla. Some of them are the Observatory Hill, Gaiety Heritage, Arki Fort, Cultural Complex, Himachal State Museum, Hidimba Temple etc.
3. What not to miss in Shimla
Do not miss The Mall, which is a pedestrian avenue, and make it a point to visit the Lakkar Bazaar, to collect memoirs for your family and friends, while making this trip memorable with those special wooden crafts and toys.
4. Best time to visit
Shimla is equally attractive through the year. But if you want to escape the summer in your city, it will remain ideal to visit Shimla between the months of March to May and gain from October to March leaving out the rainy seasons preferably.
5. Approximate Budget to consider
Depending upon how many members are visiting the place, it can be calculated. For four people, you can safely round the trip in 50 thousand rupees, but it would be better to add some more for contingency.
6. Precautions to take
Always stay in touch with each other through phone. It is better to do as many transactions possible through online. Like when you hire vehicles, prefer Ola, Uber etc. Booking the hotels online will save you a lot of money while it will secure your transactions. Try not to depend on any unauthorized person for any favor.
7. Tips to plan the trip
With internet, things have been much easier than before. Start looking for hotels online and by entering the details you can book it online much in advance. If you are travelling by car, as you said you need parking place, plan the shortest route map and follow the google maps on road. If you are taking public transport, then start booking it off as much early as possible.