Shimla is a beautiful tourist location in Himachal Pradesh. It is situated at an altitude of 2215 m above the sea level.
There are many options to stay in Shimla from cheap lodges to star hotels. Some of the middle class hotels where rent is of the order Rs 1500 - 2500 per day are - Hotel Eve, Hotel Himland East, Hotel Shingar, Hotel Shidharath, Hotel Sunrise, Gulmarg Regency, Hotel Dalziel, Hotel Surya etc.
There are many beautiful places to visit here -
1. Kufri hills - a picturesque natural beauty location about 19 Km from Shimla.
2. Green valley- Another beautiful place very near to Kufri known for its stunning landscapes and beauty.
3. Jakhoo hill - This is a hill top in Shimla city and one has to walk rather climb up for half an hour to reach there. A famous Hanuman temple is also there.
4. Tara Devi temple - A famous temple about 11 Km from the city.
5. The Ridge of Shimla - It is a central place in the city where lot of cultural activities take place. It is a common hub for the tourists.
6. Chadwick falls - located about 7 Km from Shimla it is one of the most beautiful place to visit.
There are many other places which are equally beautiful and some of them will be covered in day tours as well and they are - Observatory Hill, Arki Fort, Gaiety Heritage, Cultural Complex, Viceregal Lodge, Himachal State Museum, Christ Church, Hadimba Temple etc.
Shimla is a place of breathtaking beauty and splendour. One should not miss the picturesque surroundings and beautiful locations and should plan the tours accordingly. If you are not a nature lover stick to the activities like fair and fun events in the city which are mainly concentrated in ridge area and mall road.
Best time to visit Shimla is March to May and October to November. It is advisable to avoid mansoon time due to frequent land slides.
Depending upon your travel plans you add hotel charges plus to and fro train charges plus Rs 1000 per day for food and about 600 per day for local conveyance in Shimla etc. With this you can work out the budget for the trip.
During travel be careful about your purse and luggage. Keep your debit cards properly secured. Do not eat junk and stale food. Avoid untreated water for drinking. Keep basic medicines with you for emergency.
Knowledge is power.