You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Central Government

    Composite Transfer grant on joining first time in Central govt job

    Have a query about composite transfer grant given by the central government? Searching for detailed information about this grant? On this page, find all the information you are looking out for.

    Can you clarify if I am eligible for composite transfer grant on my first time joining in Central govt job?
    Can you also list the entitlement including all allowances grade pay 2400? Is this only applicable to transfer or on first time joining also?
  • Answers

    3 Answers found.
  • I do not think that such a grant is admissible for the persons who are joining the job as freshers.

    It is basically for the people getting transferred from one place to another and getting retired.

    Knowledge is power.

  • (a) You are being appointed in a Central Government service. It is a fresh appointment, not a transfer. So, you will not get any transfer grant. There is no scope of doubt or confusion about it.

    (b) There is no Grade Pay system after implementation of VIIth CPC. The equivalent pay scale of GP 2400/- is level-4 , i.e., Rs. 25500-81100/-. As you are an initial appointee, your pay will be fixed at bottom of level-4. So, your basic pay would be Rs. 25,500/- p.m. Over the basic pay, you will get Dearness Allowance @5% of the Basic Pay. This will increase twice every year, in January and in June. Besides Basic Pay and Dearness Allowance (DA), you will get House Rent Allowance (HRA), the rate of which depends upon the the city where you would be posted. If you get Government accommodation, you will not get HRA. In addition to this, you will also get Transport Allowance, the rate of which again depends upon the class of city where you will be posted, and DA @ 5% on Transport Allowance.

    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

  • Partha 's response is absolutely right and he worked out the possible emoluments you are going to get correctly. Any fresh appointment won't carry the benefits of TA/DA and CTG in central Government services unless it is specified correctly in the cases where a technical resignation is accepted by the previous departments. But certain exceptions are there where you are asked to appear for a course of induction training at the Department's training Institute say IAT Pune for DRDO Scientist recruits/ NIDFM, Pune for Defence Accounts service Probationers and those would be given posting at various places after successful completion of training and would be asked to report there to join for duty. Such cases are treated as transfers and the candidates are allowed to draw advance on Pt. transfer which includes the Composite Transfer grant etc.


  • Sign In to post your comments