You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Education

    Issue with father name in educational certificates

    Have a name mismatch in documents? Worried about document verification for a central government job? Check out the suggestions from experts here and resolve your worries.

    My father's name is wrongly spelt in my 10th class school certificates. The headmaster informed that this will not create any problem in the future.
    Will this create any problem in central government jobs? But if it does create any problem, is there any way to change my father name in his govt IDs like Aadhar, PAN etc?
  • Answers

    3 Answers found.
  • 10th marks cards and school certificates are used as proof for date of birth or age proof dcouments for Government jobs. It can be an issue when you apply for a job and if a mismatch is found during the verification process before you actually get the appointment order. SO, it would be advisable to change the name to the correct spelling that is matching with his given name.
    You can do the change in the cards once you have a affidavit that reflects your father's name correctly ( a notary usually does these documents with the correct legal language in place).
    Then publish it in two newspapers and keep both original copies with you.
    The you can apply for change of Aadhaar and PAN card

    The below link and pdf will help to have an idea of how the do it

  • I do not agree with your Headmaster. In the PAN card, AADHAR card, etc., your father's name is different than what is written in your Xth school certificate. If you do not rectify it immediately, this discrepancy may cause various complicated problems in future.

    I feel that you have passed Xth Board examination very recently. So, you can easily submit an application to the Board to rectify the mistake (in your father's name) along with supporting documents (PAN card, AADHAR card, etc. of your father). Most probably, the mistake will be rectified.

    However, if the mistake is not rectified, you have to sign an affidavit before a first-class magistrate of your city and publish classified advertisement in one English and in one vernacular newspaper indicating the correct name of your father. You have to preserve the affidavit and advertisement permanently.

    Come as you are!

  • Your father's name is correct in Aadhar and PAN card but it is incorrectly spelt in your 10th certificate. So in this case the best course of action to apply to your board of education to issue a corrected copy of 10th certificate after incorporating the necessary correction in father's name.

    You have to apply for this correction with an application along with the copy of Aadhar card or PAN card for reference of your father's correct name.

    It will take some time but it will help you to avoid all future problems related to document verification.

    Knowledge is power.

  • Sign In to post your comments