You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Teaching Jobs

    Re doing of Graduation and Masters

    Aspiring to take up teaching English language? Searching for information about whether there is a need to take admission to graduation and Master's again? You can read the responses from experts here and resolve your query.

    I am 27 years old. After completing B.Com and B.Ed I pursued M.A in English. I desired to become an English teacher but recently while applying for government jobs it came to my knowledge that for PRT I need D.Ed and for TGT I need B.A in English.
    I am not willing to go for M.Com due to my gap and lack of interest.
    But I do want to start my career as an English teacher. Therefore I wanted to know whether I can do B.A in English from the same university and will my B.Ed degree still be valid or not? And will I be able to do M.A in English in future or the same will be considered valid?
  • Answers

    3 Answers found.
  • PRT is the eligibility exam to apply for the post of a Primary school teacher (class 1 - class 5). The minimum degree needed is Diploma in Elementary Education.

    TGT is the eligibility exam to apply for the post of a secondary school teacher (class 6 - class10) . The minimum degree needed is a graduate degree AND B.Ed.

    PGT is the eligibility exam to apply for the post of a senior school teacher (class 11 and 12). The minimum degree needed is a postgraduate degree AND B.Ed.

    The Government in 2011, made allowance fro graduate holders to become school teachers, provided, during graduation they have studied the subject they want to teach.

    This PDF gives the details about the subject and the eligibility, PLEASE READ PAGE 2 AND PAGE 3

    You can apply for TGT based on the subject that gives you eligibility, join as a teacher and the pursue M.A via a distance mode in a UGC recognised college and then apply for the PGT exam which would enable you to realise your dream of a MA teacher. Give this suggestion a tought.

  • You apply for TGT basing on your subject of study and work to get selected in that post. While working as teacher you can complete you M A English. Once you complete you MA you will be eligible for lecturer post. Attend NET exam and if you get qualified in that test you can join as a English lecturer. While working as lecturer you can complete your Ph.D also andbe one Professor also. If you arenot getting qualified in NET join in any private college and start your Ph.D simultaneously. Once you complete your inspection,you can get professorpost in. Government colleges

    always confident

  • I suggest you complete your MA in English and try for NET exam for becoming lecturer in English. Meanwhile you can enroll for PhD and if you complete it you will have better opportunity to get lecturer post through NET.

    You can also consider for teaching of other subject which in your case is commerce to school students in TGT grade though your aptitude is for English. Anyway you can satisfy your desire for teaching English in part time coaching classes also. It is not a difficult proposition as there is demand for good English teachers.

    Knowledge is power.

  • Sign In to post your comments