You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Education

    Failed 10th in 2010 and want to reappear.

    Want to give SSC exam after a break? Looking out for guidance and help to give this exam? Check out this page for all your queries and plan how to prepare for the SSC exam.

    I have failed my 10th standard in the year 2010 and I didn't try to reappear. The reason was related to financial situations. I'm finding it quite hard to grab better opportunities out there. But my lack of being unqualified, has chained my hands all these years.
    I know it's too late or maybe not. But, somehow I've thought over it and decided to reappear.
    I'm currently working, so I can now easily afford education. As I am a lot busier everyday, it's hard for me to search at all.
    Would appreciate if anyone could help/guide me. Whereas I have no clue how, where, and when to start. I'm confused.
  • Answers

    4 Answers found.
  • You have stopped after your unsuccessful 10th in 2010. Now you want to restart your learning process. Appreciate your sincere efforts that you want to focus on Education now.

    You have the option of enrolling for 'The National Institute of Open Schooling'(NIOS)

    1. Please apply for the secondary course (Class X)

    2. Once you clear that apply for the senior secondary that is equivalent to Class XII

    3.After this you have the options of completing
    1. A vocational training course, perhaps related to the line of work you are in
    2. You can enroll in any of the UGC recognised center for Distance learning graduate course of your interest or choice.

    The Indira Gandhi National Open University is an excellent center recognised in India, this offers a bachelor's and further PG degrees in various fields. Please check this also (

    Now that you can afford BUT very busy with shortage of time, you can plan to enroll in any of the coaching centers that help candidates prepare for NIOS 10th and NIOS 12th, they have focussed classes and also would be able to help you with the application and certification processes.

    Good Luck.

  • In the first step complete your SSC as a private candidate by taking coaching in any good coaching centre in your town. It is better to choose a good coaching centre and they will guide you in putting your application and other required formalities.
    Once you complete your 10th class, there are two options. One is appearing for +2 as a private candidate after taking coaching. The other option is joining in a night college and doing your diploma in any engineering branch if any night college facility is available near to your place. Don't go for diploma in distance mode. There may be a problem afterwards. Some university's degrees of engineering obtain by distance mode were disqualified by the supreme court recently.
    After completing either +2 or Diploma you can go for a degree in night college as you are working you will be eligible for doing the degree at night college.
    This is the best way you can follow without leaving your present job.
    All the best to you.

    always confident

  • I have read the question carefully. It is really great that you have decided to resume your education. As you have been working, it may not be possible for you to attend regular classes in school. For students in similar situation like you, there is provision for clearing your Xth standard examination from National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS). Check the website of NIOS ( for detailed information and subject combinations available. Thereafter, you have to register yourself with NIOS and appear in Xth Standard examination.

    There are many institutes available in major cities of the country, which help you in the registration process and notes for NIOS examination. If necessary, you can register yourself with such institute of your city, although it is not at all compulsory.

    You can also appear in X+II Board examination from NIOS. You must be assured that NIOS degrees (Xth and XIIth) are valid for every purpose including higher studies and employment.

    Best wishes to you in your future endeavour.

    Come on, have a fight. Don't shoot and scoot.

  • It's good that you have thought of completing your backlogs. You can complete your backlogs but for that first contact the school where you had written your first SSC paper. They will help you better and give you complete information, rules, and regulations for appearing SSC exams. I think you may have to write a request letter to the board for allowing them to reappear SSC exams to clear your backlogs. You have to do it fast because by the time of your examination date you must have received your halt tickets. So prepare well for your exams by joining any tutorials or read by your self. Once if you clear your SSC exams then you can be a degree holder in distance education centers. Best of Luck.

  • Sign In to post your comments