You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Study Abroad

    Is it important to have correction in 10th certificate

    Is there any issue with personal information spellings in any certificates? Wondering if this issue will create any problem if going abroad? On this Ask Expert page scroll through and resolve your queries.

    I am from Punjab. My father's name is wrongly printed in my 10th marksheet. Now I am planning to go abroad. I have taken my IELTS test. Will there will be any issue if I do not make my certificate correct? I have completed 10th from PSEB.
  • Answers

    2 Answers found.
  • Greetings.

    As far as my knowledge goes, there is no serious issue if your certificates have your father name misspelled. But it should be correctly spelled in your passport, aadhaar card, PAN card, voter id and any other government-issued identity cards. Your father's name must be same in all these government identity cards i.e., correctly spelled. As far as your educational certificates, you can apply for the change of name through your board and they will guide you on how to change. The procedure generally will be an application form with a proof of correction (example: attested copy showing your father's correct name, any other identity proof of your father etc) They will charge some nominal fees and will issue another certificate with corrections.

    Good Luck.

    Thank You
    Dr. V. Shashikanth

  • You are planning to go abroad and you have given you IELTS exams. If you look at any visa application or study enrollment or work application in many foreign countries, the name columns have First name,Middle name and Last name. In the Indian names, the initials we have is often the Last name or the father's name.

    Please check your passport, PAN and Aadhaar card first, if they have your father's name correct. If you have to submit the 10th certificate at any place (visa office, education department or employment section) for verification of your date of birth or father's name etc , then there would be a confusion, then you need to correct it. You can correct it after making an affidavit from a Notary, publishing the correct name of your father in two papers and finally forwarding you name correction application letter via the school principal to the 10 th board that covers your school.

  • Sign In to post your comments