To know about BA in Performing Arts

Planning to study Performing Arts? Wondering about the scope of this course? Check out this page for guidance from experts for your queries.

I want to know about the scope of BA in Performing Arts. I am pursuing my 12 arts class and I have a great interest in music. I am good singer and I want to know whether BA in Performing Arts has a scope abroad or not and what is the course?

• BA performing arts is a good choice for students who are expressive, outgoing and have been participating in school dramas, plays, singing, music and other talent competitions. It is an added advantage if you have had some basic training and are skilled in a particular form of dance (Bharathanatyam) or music (instrumental/classic vocal etc). Apart from the basic 12 pass, you need to have the passion and aptitude for music, drama or dance.
    This would open doors both nationally and internationally but you need to focus on further 'sub-specialization' after BA performing arts. For example, many universities offer MA in Music/Media & theatre/Applied Musicology.

The range of jobs is wide and variable based on your core strength areas and desires. One can choose an academic career as an Instructor or a Lecturer(and progress) in the popular colleges of Music and Arts.
    You can explore various potential job titles from the traditional to the modern roles of DJ, Fusion music, Music conductors or even Music therapists. Since you have interest in music and a good singer, have a chat with your parents and go ahead with their support.