Looking for NEET / JEE Coaching? Enquire Now
You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: India Educational Consultants

    Admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya

    Finding studies difficult in school? Wondering if it is possible to change to Kendriya vidyalaya? You can achieve this change, by going through the responses on this Ask Expert page.

    I am studying in one of the schools run by ISRO (Antariksh kendriya vidyalaya) and my father is in CISF. I am now in 11th class with PCM but I am not able to understand anything because they teach in Malayalam (but I am a Punjabi).
    So how can I get admitted to any Kendriya Vidyalaya in North India. My father should get a transfer or can I join without my dad's transfer there?
    I have read about a special provision for ISRO schools and defence personnel in KVs.
    Or should I repeat class 11?
    I am a brilliant student with 10 CGPA in class 10.
  • Answers

    6 Answers found.
  • In your case, your father has to take a stand, he may meet and discuss the problems with ISRO officials and may put the real problem causing your studies impossible with the help of Malayam - medium. With the suitable projection of your problem, ISRO management may allow you to have your education in some central school lying to proximity of your residence or even they may ask you to indicate the place of the central - school from where you would like to receive your education.
    Possibility is there, you have to reside in a hostel while continuing your studies in some other town and in that way, your problem can be resolved.

  • You can get transferred to another central school where the teaching will be in English medium. Definitely, the CISF children will have special provisions for joining in Kendriya Vidyalayas. So your father can put up a letter explaining the problem to them regarding the medium of instruction. There are good Kendriya Vidya schools in Kerala and Karnataka also wherein the medium of instruction will be English. So he can ask them to recommend your case for a transfer from that school to the other school of your choice. Definitely, they will help you. You need not repeat 11th again.

    always confident

  • Your father has to apply in a nearby Kendriya Vidyalaya for your admission there elaborating the problem of mother tongue as well as all India posting of CISF personnel due to nature of their duties and central Govt job.
    Generally the nearby Kendriya Vidyalaya will consider this type of accommodation as the others will always ask you to go to the near ones.
    Anyway if it does not materialize because of a tight position in the nearby college you can try in others.
    The application by your father should be forwarded by the company commander or I/c CISF group there.

    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

  • Kendriya Vidyalayas are catered for the benefit of the wards of the Central Government employees and you are entitled to get a seat in any Kendriya Vidyalaya, being a son of a CISF employee. Your case would be decided by the Principal based on the seat availability in the particular class. Generally the strength of the section in each class should not exceed 40 and 120 seats would be available per class. However, it would be mandatory to the KV to get the student admitted in their school for those whose parents report the station on transfer and the number of trnasfers is not less than 2 times in the last 7 years. This is the overriding principle to be followed by all. You can approach the nearest KV alongwith your father and can explain them the factual position. I don't think, it would be a problem.


  • Well, can I repeat my 11 from kv of another state because even the kvs here have Malayalam speaking teachers. That's the biggest problem.
    I am blank from my head about what I studied here. I didn't understand anything here. I am feeling zero here. Even the Tuition here have Malyalam.

  • You are currently in year 11, a KV school run by ISRO in Kerala as your father is in CISF. You are considering a transfer. There is no need to waste a valuable year of your education life at this point of time. You have mentioned that you are a brilliant student, so don't lose heart. Think about the following.

    A.Your father and yourself can first try to settle this without the need for your father to seek a transfer.Let him speak to his friends and senior officers and see if they can help you
    1.Transfer from on KV school to another during transfer of parents is an accepted modality that can go smoothly. Many people misunderstand the fact that change of local KV school to another local KV school without parents transfer is not that easy to seek. Please check under section:7: Admission with KV TC -transfer certificate including local transfer (http://kvsangathan.nic.in/GeneralDocuments/ADM-17-18.PDF)

    2.For acceptable reasons a local KV transfer would be considered (change of residence, change of job, change to a school wherein one sibling is studying, ill health of parents). Beyond this, reasons for a local transfer and the grant of it depends on the KV admission committee in that area. For local transfers, you ad parents need to meet the local principal of the schools (you are studying and the school you intend to go) and request for a local transfer to a different school. (http://www.kvpicket.edu.in/admin/downloads/1130897580local_transfer_proforma.pdf).In cases where parents transfer is not involved, and admission/local transfer will be done only with the approval of Deputy commissioner of the region.

    3.If this fails, then you have the grievance redressal pathway to consider. There are grievance redressal cells setup at regional KV offices and at the KVS headquarters in New Delhi. Please refer to page 4 of this pdf document (http://kvsangathan.nic.in/charter.pdf)

    In Kerala, one of the offices listed is in Ernakulam.
    Assistant Commissioner & Grievance Officer
    Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Kadvanthara, Ernakulam-682020
    Phone: 0484-2203116, Mob. 9446522797.

    B.If the above does not work, then plan and discuss about your education including your graduation and then you can think about seeking a transfer for your father. CISF has a transfer policy that includes application for change of posting based on grounds of children's education as a valid reason. (http://www.cisf.gov.in/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/GENERAL_TRANSFER_FOR_GOs.pdf).

  • Sign In to post your comments