LLB course after completing BA degree

Planning to do LLB? Searching for details of eligibility criteria and percentage required for admission? Here, on this page, you can go through the responses from experts.

Am in the final year of my BA degree completion in English Literature. I wish I could join LLB course after completing my degree. I've scored only 56% of marks. Are these marks enough to gain LLB seat or I need more marks?
    Do I have to go by marks or by entrance exams?

• You can pursue LLB after completing your BA course. You haven't mentioned from which state you are and if you have any reservation. So my answer will be generalized. Bachelor of Legislative Law (LLB) course is offered by various institutions across the country. Some give admissions based on merit while some through entrance examinations such as LAWCET, CLAT. The Bar Council of India regulates all graduate or under graduate courses in LLB.

There are two types with which you can pursue your course:
    1. 3 years course which is a graduate course who already have a degree with minimum 45% pass marks. (The % marks can vary from institute to institute).
    2. 5 years undergraduate course which is an integrated course.

You can apply even if you are in the final year of your existing degree. Select according your personal choice. I would suggest you to write the competitive exam and get admission in reputed law colleges in India.

Good Luck.

Thank You
    Dr. V. Shashikanth

• You have a BA in English and now looking for an LLB. After B.A English Are you aiming for a career as a Lawyer? ( it would be a change in the course of studies, hence the question)

1.As long as your degree is UGC recognized and valid, you can apply for an LLB. Please note that LLB has a 5-year integrated course and a 3-year course after any graduation. But all Law universities would not offer you the LLB three-year program.

2.There is a Common Law Admission Test CLAT for the 5 year LB programs and the cut off age is around 20 years.

3.You can choose from any of the law colleges in India for the 3 year LLB course. A few are listed below-

Government Law College, Mumbai
    BHU Law College, Benaras
    Maharishi Dayanand Law College, Jaipur
    Jindal Global Law School.
    Delhi University - Law School
    Osmania University, Hyderabad
    Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
    ILS Law College, Pune
    Symbiosis Law College, Pune

4.For the three year courses, you can choose to write the LSAT-India exam, Law School Admission Test. This link gives you the list of colleges accepting LSAT for entry into 3 year LLB. (http://www.pearsonvueindia.com/lsatindia/associated-colleges.php).

5. Delhi University has its own :LLB entrance exams,

6. Once you finish, then you can plan for masters or a PG certification in a focussed area like consumer law, corporate law,

• You are doing BA final year. You want to pursue your LLB after BA. Presently your percentage is 56%. Still, you are in the final year. You may try for getting the higher percentage. For general category people also there are chances for getting admission to LLB who secured second class. In India, there are many institutions offering this course. The admission may be mainly on the entrance test. But there are some institutions where they offer seat based on your percentage of your graduation. As you have already completed your BA you can join LLB course after completing BA. The course duration will be 3 years. I don't foresee any problem for you in getting a seat in LLB. But try for a premier institute where you will get a quality education and the course will be helpful for building up your career. I wish you all the best.

• As you are studying your B.A final year with English literature specialisation, you can join in LLB course after the completion of your BA course.
    LLB or bachelor of legislative law is a 3 years graduation degree.
    And the educational qualification required to join in this course is Bachelor degree like BA, B.COM or B.SC with atleast 40% of marks in aggregate and 5% of marks relaxation for reserved category candidates.
    And you have to clear the admission tests like CLAT or LAWCET.
    CLAT exam is Common Law Admission Test and it is All India entrance exam conducted by 11 national law universities.
    LAWCET is Law Common Entrance Test which is conducted to get admission in law courses in Andhra Pradesh.
    And some good colleges which offer LLB course are :
    * NLSIU, Bangalore
    * Government law college, Mumbai
    * AMU, Aligarh
    * Indian law society law college, Pune
    * University of Delhi.

• TThis response is marked as DELETED by the admin.

Michael M.Calbertis the chairman and Todd Vasos is the CEO of the dgcustomerfirst com company. The Dollar General provides us with clothing, Cleaning Supplies, Home Decors, Health and Beauty, Aids, Pet Supplies, Toys, Seasonal Items and Grocery.