You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Career Guidance

    I have lost my OD and my employer needs it

    Have a query about how to get originals from the university? Searching for detailed information on the web? On this page, you can scroll through the responses from experts and resolve your queries.

    I did my MBA distance from OU, CDE in 2009. I have taken memos of all 3 years and not applied for Provisional Certificate at that time.
    But I have taken Original Convocation Certificate from the university. Unfortunately I lost my Original Convocation Certificate and I didn't keep any copy of the same. I am working for a reputed bank and now my employer is asking for Provisional Certificate / Original Degree (either one). Nowadays OU has changed the application process for certificates to online only. I am trying to apply for my Provisional Certificate through online so many times - but the same is not processing. I am getting a message saying that "upload required docs" even though I have uploaded the required documents.

    Tell me is there any alternative for this? Where can I get my Original Provisional Certificate / Duplicate copy of my Convocation Certificate? I am ready to pay the required amount. I will be very thankful, if any one guide me / give a solution.

    I kindly request that don't say "Go to university and apply offline or else talk to authority for resolve the issue" because I have already tried all this.
  • Answers

    5 Answers found.
  • This thread is being shifted to the Ask Expert section. Members are requested to wait before posting responses.

    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance' - Confucious.

  • Once you have taken your original degree certificate there is no chance for you to get the provisional certificate. So you have to apply for a duplicate original degree certificate.The process for the duplicate original certificate will be as follows.
    1. You have to lodge a police complaint in the area where you lost your original certificate.
    2. Then the police will inquire and give you a certificate saying that they have investigated the case and couldn't trace the certificate.
    3. Then you have to approach the college in which you have done your MBA and apply for the certificate through proper channel. You have to attach your passport size photograph and a copy of the transfer certificate you have taken from the college and the fee.
    4. You have to attach the police verification certificate also to the application.
    5, Then the college administration will forward your application with their comments to the controller of examinations of the University.
    6. They will do the needful and forward your duplicate original certificate to the college and you can receive the same from your college.
    There are some universities where you can directly apply to the university instead of going to the college but Police verification certificate is required.

    always confident

  • Provisional degree certificate and Original degree certificate are entirely different. Original degree is the main degree which is verified by many recruiters or other educational institutions (if you are applying for higher studies). Since you have lost your original degree, you must first lodge a missing FIR at your police station. You must go to police station where your residence is. After getting FIR copy, write an application form to your OU examination controller office stating why you need duplicate original degree. Then they will give you an application form in which you should duly fill all your details such as hall ticket number, course, your full name, father's name, residential address, proof of address etc. Along with this application submit the FIR copy you got it from the PS. You will be asked to pay fees for duplicate copy through demand draft (DD) in favor of the examination controller or the registrar. They will tell you about this. Once everything is submitted they will send you the duplicate original degree through post to the address you have submitted during the application. It will take generally one month to get the duplicate copy. Ask if there is any tatkal option for issuing the certificate quickly. If available, the cost will be little more higher than the normal one.

    Good Luck.

    Thank You
    Dr. V. Shashikanth

  • A provisional certificate loses its value once the degree certificate is issued.
    There has been a gap of 7 years and things have changed. As suggested, lodge an FIR in the place you live, stating that you have lost the certificate during travel etc.

    Then the police will close the case and issue a statement. With that try contacting the Distance Education controller of exams stating your problem and submit a formal application.

    Prof . Kumar Molugaram
    M.Tech., Ph. D (IIT Bombay)
    Controller Of Examinations
    Office Number: 040- 27097125
    Email Id:
    Professor of Civil Engineering
    University College of Engineering,
    Osmania University.

    Before the FIR, if I were you, I would try contacting the

    MBA Section in charges for Distance Education at Osmania
    1.Mrs.Prabha Superintendent
    2.B Jagan Mohan Rao Superintendent
    3.A Ayodhya Record Keeper
    Contact Numbers : 040 20050264,040-27098072,040-27682293

    Whatever you post, please keep copies and do by Registered post or speed post to be safe.

    If all fails, I would contact the university saying that I want to apply for the convocation for a degree awarded in 2009 and attend the function with my family members. Sounds unusual but, I would get some answers or atleast a new certificate.

  • As you have already received the Degree certificate, you will not be issued the provisional certificate. So, you have to apply for duplicate Degree certificate. For this purpose, you have to lodge an FIR in the nearest police station of your residence and keep a copy of the same. Thereafter, you have to contact the Controller of Examination, Directorate of Distance Education (DDE), Osmania University to know the exact procedure. You are required to fill up the requisite proforma (either online/offline), attach/upload attested copies of supporting documents (i.e., registration no. of the university, mark sheets, admit cards, DDE Identity Card, etc.). You are also required to submit the copy of FIR and required fee. If you submit all the requisite documents and requisite fee properly along with your application, you will receive the duplicate Degree certificates within 15 days' time.

    Come as you are!

  • Sign In to post your comments