You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Central Government

    Issue regarding erratum found in certificates

    Is there an error in any of the certificates? Wondering if this will impact the document verification process? Check out this page for answers from experts.

    I am going to join a central govt post (graduate level exam) where only document verification process remains. But the issue is that there is a slight misprint of my mother's name of only one letter in my 12th higher secondary certificate.
    Will there be any issue during document verification process?
    If yes, what is the solution??
  • Answers

    3 Answers found.
  • It is only one letter there may not be any problem in that. If they ask for the correction also, they will give you some time and ask you to get it corrected. Then you can take necessary action and get it corrected.
    But when you have noticed this discrepancy why you have not taken action immediately. It is always advisable to take corrective actions immediately when issues like this come up.
    You please approach the school and ask them for the correction and the procedure they will tell you. The same thing you have to follow. The school might have given you a transfer certificate. In this certificate, if it is correctly written for document verification for your mother's name you can refer this document.

    always confident

  • Since it is only one letter and that too it's regarding your mother's name, there won't be any issue with the certificate verification. The problem will occur if your name has spelling mistakes. But on a safer side, carry a government issued id card of your mother such as voter card, aadhar card or PAN card which mentions you as her son in that particular proof. This will be a proof that you are her son and her correct name is spelt accordingly in those id cards you have submitted. If possible you can get an affidavit from nearest Mee-Seva centre stating that your mother's name is misspelt on your educational certificate.

    Don't worry and follow the verification process.

    Thank You
    Dr. V. Shashikanth

  • Since you have reached the level of the dcoument verification and this is a misprint of your mother's name, it is not a major error. Erros related to date of birth, caste, cut off marks and ID proof are far more serious in nature.

    Please have one document with your mother's name correctly spelt, it could be her Aadhaar card or a Ration card or a Voters I.D. At time of document verification, if asked please show the evidence in hand.

    If you have time, please get an affidavit done via Notary about your mother's correct name. All the above will enable you to convince the authorities at document verification. Please take this opportunity to check your other certificates.

  • Sign In to post your comments