• Category: Opinion About

Where to complain against telecom company?

Want to report a complain against a telecom company? Wondering where to lodge this complaint? On this Ask Expert page get suggestions for your query.

I recharged my prepaid BSNL mobile number with STV489 according to which I should get 4Gb data per day for 90 days. But STV44 is activated at my number and I am i'm getting 1.5gb data for 60days. I tried to call customer care but they are not responding.
    Where should I complain against these frauds?

• In some states the STV (special tariff voucher) 489 ( the total MRP with GST) is clubbed with STV 444 along withe PRBT service (personal ring back tone) where in you get 4 GB/day for 90 days from activation.

The price and data plans vary a little from circle to circle and in some zones.

This link gives you details of how to contact and generate a web based complaint.(http://www.bsnl.co.in/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/about_us/consumer_griev.html)
    you can try the toll free number, if not helpful, you can file an online greivance.

Delete Attachment

• You can complain in their official website or you can complain ins consumer forum. But I guess everything will go in vain because it will take a long duration to process and come to decision regarding your complaint/query. I suggest you try again to their customer care number and try to resolve with them directly. You may also check your previous plans and if there is any change in locality/circle which is affecting your daily data quota. Restart your handset once and check the daily quota once again. Check for instructions on this recharge such as is there any message to be sent to customer care so that the actual benefits will be activated after the recharge.

Thank You
    Dr. V. Shashikanth

• You can personally go to the nearest BSNLoffice and get the doubt clarified. I hope your handset will support 4G. Raising complaint through the website will not solve the problem immediately and you may not be able to give them all the required points. In such a similar problem my friend went and met the concerned authority and got his problem rectified. Hence my advice to you is to personally attend the problem by meeting BSNL officer concerned on this issue.

• You have to lodge an online grievance in their site and take a copy of this complaint with you and try to meet their senior officer or nodal officer in the area.

Before going for these action ones again check your plan and BSNL site for recharges and specially the fine print below. Sometimes they will mention that in such an such condition the plan will be changed to another plan.

If the senior officer or nodal officer does not help, you ask him to give the prescribed form to appeal to the appellate authority. This form is free of charge available to the customer. If it is not available with the nodal officer then get it from their sales counter.

• You can register your complain just by dialing 198. This toll free service is available in all the landlines. Any complaints which are not resolved can be taken to the next level by addressing the grievances.

You can also register complaint by visiting
    www.bsnlteleservices.com. Scroll down the page and there is an option of complaint registration. You need to fill the required details. First is STD code then your landline nunber then select the type of complaint and at the last you need to write captcha. click on submit complaint. Thats it!
    Following are the toll free customer care numbers of BSNL:
    1800-345-1500
    1800-180-1503

• Hi Friend,
    Plans in every mobile operator or telecom company will change from area to area and circle to circle. So, first you have to check the plans in the circle in which you are staying and recharge your mobile number.
    Even though if you give complaint on telecom company, it will take more and more time to solve the issue.
    My suggestion is to call the toll free customer care number of BSNL and tell them that you recharged for one amount and you got different plan. They will suggest you correctly what to do to get the plan for which you have recharged.

• You should not let go such things and you need to ensure you reach them through their official call center.You can find their contact details online.Reaching customer care is really tedious task if its BSNL.

You need to keep trying till you reach them out and also you can find their escalation matrix with respective person mail id whom you can reach out in case of issues which is not being attended.You can google for the escalation matrix of a firm.Usually its uploaded these days online to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.

• Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) is the appex body to regulate and penalise telecom companies in India. If you have any proof of payment, it will give strength to your case.
    please write to TRAI.

The greatest wealth in this world is mental peace and good health.