Best forms of public transport to travel around Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Are you planning to travel around Ahmadabad? Looking out for information about all possible, economical and safe modes of public transport? Here, on this page check out suggestions from experts.
When visiting Ahmedabad, Gujarat, what are the best public modes of transport? Are there regular bus services and are bus stands at easily accessible spots? Are these buses generally crowded? Would it be better to travel by autos?
Also, I would like to know about the Autos in Ahmedabad. My queries -
1. What is the seating arrangement in terms of capacity and comfort?
2. Is there a sharing scheme whereby passengers can share the fare to a common destination?
3. Are there fixed fares as per the metering system or the auto driver will quote a price & one needs to haggle over it?
4. Can an auto be taken on hire for half a day or an entire day to travel around to popular places within or on the outskirts of the city?
5. What is the minimum fare per km to hire an auto from the Airport?
Finally, I wish to know if it is safe to travel in an auto or a public bus during late evening hours. Please share any other useful tips for travelling around Ahmedabad by bus or an auto.