You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Engineering Jobs

    School teacher jobs career without B.Ed

    Are you inclined to become a school teacher? Looking out for knowing the eligibility criteria for a teaching position in a school? Here, on this page get guidance from experts to become a school teacher.

    I am a M.E CSE graduate. Is it possible to work in schools without B.Ed degree? I have 5 years of industrial experience but not in the same field. Now I am looking for job security. I am trying for govt exams as well. I love teaching. Can anyone help me to decide what I can do further?
  • Answers

    6 Answers found.
  • You are having a post-graduation qualification you can become a lecturer in an Engineering college. For a lecturer post, there is no necessity of B.Ed. A post-graduation is sufficient. To get UGC scales you have to appear for the NET examination of UGC and CSIR. Once you are qualified in the exam you will be given a lecturer post in your subject. Otherwise while working as a lecturer you can complete your Ph D and get UGC scales.
    But if you want to work as a teacher you should have B.Ed. Otherwise, you are not eligible for a teaching post in any government or aided schools and you are not eligible for government schools. Some private schools may offer you a post but the salaries and other conditions of service will be entirely different from that of a governemnt school teacher. You should complete your B.Ed if you want to to be a teacher in a government school with all service conditions and full salary.

    always confident

  • To get a teaching job in Government schools you must pass Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) or State Teacher Eligibility Test (STET). If you clear CTET you will work in a central government school and if you clear STET you will work in state government schools. In order to appear in these exams, the qualification required is a bachelor's degree with B.Ed degree as well. So without B.Ed, you are not eligible to get a job in government sector.

    You can apply to private schools though. Although most private schools prefer a candidate holding B.Ed degree there are still chances for you to get the job. Note that this B.Ed degree is required for teaching higher classes above 5th standard. Since you love teaching I would suggest you get B.Ed degree as soon as possible. But if your motto is to become a teacher only, irrespective of the class/standard you can get the job by getting other degrees whose course duration may vary from 1 - 4 years.

    Some of those courses are:
    1. Nursery Teacher Training (NTT) - The course duration is one year and if you crack this you will be into nursery teaching. Minimum qualification is 50% in 10 +2.
    2. Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.EL.ED) - This course aims at producing teachers for the elementary school. The course duration is 4 years (3 years theory + 1 year practical). The minimum eligibility is 50% in 10 + 2 in any stream.
    3. Diploma in Elementary Education (D.EL.ED) - An alternative to B.EL.ED with same requirements but the duration of the course is 3 years.

    If you clear B.Ed, you can also climb higher by pursuing the postgraduate teacher course (M.A) and you can teach 11th and 12th standard children as well. Other courses which can get you a teacher job are:

    BTC (Basic Training Certificate)
    DED (Diploma in Education)
    ETE (Elementary Teacher Education)
    JBT (Junior Basic Training)
    PTC (Primary Teachers Certificate)
    TTC (Teachers Training Certificate)

    These are minor courses and have less scope than the major ones. Plan carefully and choose accordingly. If time permits, I would suggest you get the B.Ed degree and increases your chances of getting hired and work towards your passion i.e, teaching.

    Thank You
    Dr. V. Shashikanth

  • 1. You are a student of Computer Science Engineering. You have not done your B.Ed. So, it would be very difficult to get a position as a teacher in schools. Even if you get the opportunity, you will be very poorly paid (in private schools).

    2. As you have the Post-Graduate qualification, try to find a job as the lecturer in colleges/engineering colleges/polytechnics. If you qualify the National Eligibility Test (NET), you can apply for UGC scale for lecturers.

    3. I feel that if you want to join teaching profession, sticking to your own field of education will bring you more success.

    Come on, have a fight. Don't shoot and scoot.

  • Without BEd it is not possible to get a teaching job in Govt colleges. You have few other options like joining a private college for teaching where the salary may not be high but they may not put the condition of BEd.

    Meanwhile you can also do BEd as a part time course parallely to your teaching job.

    Other option is appear for NET exam for selection to lecturer post in Govt colleges or apply for lecturer ship in some private college.

    Sometimes you have to work in an uninteresting line rather than the area of your interest and in such conditions there is always a conflict in the mind to choose between money or your passion. What I suggest is in such situations one has to be practical and take a decision after considering his family responsibilities and other aspects.

    Knowledge is power.

  • I cannot make out why you are interested for a B.Ed. course especially when you do have a post - graduate degree in Engineering. You can think in the similar line and may try for the lecturer ship job in a Goverment- college by clearing the NET test. Such achieve the would match your qualification. Other option would be to join central public undertaking in the officers cadres by responding to the advertisement appearing on the paper.
    If at all interested for the job of a teacher in a high school, you need to acquire the B.Ed degree so that you may be selected in a school as a teacher.Moreover, you have to clear either Central Teacher Eligibility test or State Teacher Eligibility test so as to get assignment in the respective area. This would not be possible unless you clear the B.Ed degree. You may do the same through IGNOU since such perusal would be cost effective and time of studies may be set as per convenience. The degree so earned has the acceptance of UGC as well and hence it would be at par with the degrees earned by being a regular student of a recognised university.

  • If you really wants to make a career on teaching then be passionate about becoming teacher. If you make any profession your passion as a career then you definitely achieve it.
    If you wants to apply for a teacher in government school then your highest qualification must be graduated. It is manadatory for a candidate to have B.ed(Bachelor of Education), BTS and NTT,.. etc in order to apply for teacher positions. Teacher training is must for all who wants to pursue their career in teacher. If you don't have B.ed degree then you can'nt apply for government teacher position. Give TET(Teacher eligibility test), it is a first test to become a teacher in government schools.
    You can become teacher in private schools. You'll be selected on the basis of demo process. Senior teachers watching your performance. After graduation or post graduation and any teacher training certificates, you have to start preparation for CTET and TET. These days, CTET has become compulsory certificates for the selection as a teacher. Many of the private/ public schools has also made CTET certificate compulsory eligibility criteria for the selection as a teacher. There are many vacancies for the teacher posts in various government schools. The candidates have to look in for the various notification which are available for the post of government teachers.

  • Sign In to post your comments