First, let me tell you about the basic difference between computer and supercomputers.
1) A computer is an electronic device, which performs arithmetic and logical operations with a set of instruction given by the user.
2) A computer is also known as mini or microcomputers and even less expensive.
3) Computer size range from calculator size to desktop size.
4) These perform small tasks given by the user they can be referred to a personal computer, Desktop computer, Laptop etc
1) Supercomputers are the type of computers which posses the best processing capacity.
2) Supercomputers are expensive than other types of computers
3) Supercomputers normally occupy the size of a room.
4) Supercomputers are specially designed for Scientific jobs like weather forecasting, artificial intelligence
research etc. These are the fastest computers.
Following hardware components like CPU - Central Processing Unit, an Input device, Output device are the same on both the computers.
The supercomputer was named by the company "Control Data Corporation - CDC" marketed Cyber series of supercomputers and another company named, "Cray Research Incorporation" marketed the Cray series of supercomputers. India has acquired the CRAY X-MP/14 supercomputer from Cray Research Incorporation.
Today due to technological advances being made, the different computer models are having the capacity for equal functions. For Eg. a powerful Micro can perform the task of a MINI and so on.