• Category: Hardware

Which all-in-one printer is best suitable for home need?

Looking out for a all in one printer for domestic use? Confused about which is the best quality and low priced printer? On this Ask Expert page you can find suggestions from experts.

For printing, scanning or copying purpose, one needs to rely on a separate device like a printer, scanner or xerox machine respectively.
    I want to know which company's all-in-one printer is best suitable for home need?
    The budget should be low as possible and company should be well known in the field.

• There are many types of printers are available in the market. You can best select buy studying the features and cost. However, I have made a study of various printers available and I thought the following 5 are the best models. I have a printer in my house. The model I am using is given as No:1 in the list of my selection. I am using from last 1 year and there is no problem.
    1.HP Office Jet Pro 8720 wireless all in one Photo printer.
    2.Samsung SL- M2020W/X AA wireless monochrome printer.
    3.HP Envy 4520 wireless all in one photo printer.
    4.Canon Office and Business MX 922 all in one printer
    5.Brother HL-3170 CDW digital colour printer.

• Most printers now come with all the three functions that you are looking for. But what you are asking as low as possible and reputable brand would not be that easy. There are printers available for Rs3,000 but not sturdy ones

Please don't order it online if the price shows a huge difference, it many be a refurbished one. Buy it from a authorized dealer or the canon site so that after sales services and warranty all go smoothly without hitches.

If you choose a professional printer, then the cost will be high. Before actually buying please ask what is the minimum copies to be printed to prevent it from drying or getting clogged and also the actual cost of printing per page.

1.HP DeskJet 2131 All-in-One Printer this HP one costs around Rs3,000.00. this is the basic model that does all you have asked for.

2.Chose Canon PIXMA MG5700, it also prints photographs also. This link compares three printers (http://www.canon.co.in/personal/compare?productfinder=printers-inkjet-all-in-one-multi-function& languageCode=EN&product1=pixma-mg5770&category=inkjet-printers&subcategory=inkjet-multi-function&product2=pixma-mg3670&product3=pixma-ts5070). This comes with a one year warranty.
    These prodcuts range from 5,000-10,000

3.Samsung ML-1261 laser printer is a good one to consider (Rs 8500-9000) but only problem is to locate a good authorized service center in some places. If you do have good access for service needs do check it out.

4.HP LaserJet Pro M126nw Multifunctional Printer. This is good if you run a small business back office from home itself. It costs around Rs14,000/- has the option of giving print commands from mobiles/tab etc.

Some sellers advise you to buy the CISS ink tanks (Continuous Ink supply system external attachment), this saves money on the company made ink cartridges. The cost of printing goes down dramatically but please check that the warranty conditions are not breached before you install.

• The best printer for home use are :
    1. HP Envy 4500 printer : It is E-All-In-one printer, scanner, photo printer and copier. It prints, scans and copies in both black & white and color. The print quality is indeed good. Print speed is about 30 sec for color print and 5 second for black and white print.
    2. Canon PIXMA MX 922 printer : Easy to setup and don't even need to plug into your router. For home use and office use I would recommend to buy this software.
    3. Epson workforce pro WF 4630 : It is also all in one and high performing printer. It scans faster at high resolution levels. Fast printing, easy setup, great wireless and quality of print is good.