You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Career Guidance

    About space problem in father name

    Planning to give UPSC Indian Statistical Service Exam? Wondering what do during document verification if there is a name mismatch in any documents? Check out this page and understand how to resolve this issue.

    My father's name does not tally in 10th & 12th marksheet with that in the Graduation and post Graduation marksheet

    Will this cause any problem in any government job document verification process?
    I want to apply for UPSC Indian Statistical Service Exam.
  • Answers

    4 Answers found.
  • Will this cause any problem in any government job document verification process?

    Yes, this will cause unneccessary hassles during document verification for Government jobs as most of these exams will have online form submisions and data entry.

    Please take this oppourtinity to check you other ID documents like PAn,Aadhaar,Caste certificate if applicable, so that you can get all rectified now itself when you have time.

    First, please check your father's actual ID proofs ( PAN, Aadhaar etc) that has his name spelt correctly. In some centers, this would be enough to get the mistake rectified. But in some places you will need an affidavit to authenticate the correct name of father.

    You need to approach a Notary in your town or city, thye would guide you to get an affidavit done stating your father's proper name.

    Then please approach two newspaper offices ( one-English, one-vernacular) and publish the name change. Please keep both original copies.

    for the 10th and 12th markssheet, please draft a request letter mentioning the service requested and forward it through the school and college principal to the appropirate state(10) and college(12) boards with the supporting doucments. There would be a small fee payable for the service.

    For the graduation certificate and markcard, please check the university website under whose auspices your college comes under. Some universities offer this service online/by post, some in person. Once you meet the adminstrative staff of the unversity with the prescibed form and fees, this would be done.

    Any documents you are sending by post, please keep an acknowledgement/ registered post slip so that you can follow it up later on if there is a delay.

    If you have no time to do this before applying of the UPSC Indian Statistical Service Exam, please do not waste the chance, apply, prepare and simultaneously get the name change done, you can explain this when the document verification date comes up.

  • Yes, It will certainly create a problem at the time of document verification. You have not mentioned clearly what is your father's correct name? What name appears on 10 and 12 mark sheets? What is print in graduation and post graduation mark sheets? If you provide this information, I would be able to help you in a more specific manner. Let follow the following steps:
    1. Check in which mark sheet, your father's name is correctly printed and in which mark sheet it is incorrectly printed.
    2. If it is incorrect in 10 or 12 mark sheet, then go to correct it.
    3. For the correction in these mark sheet, please visit the official education site of Board of that state of CBSE.
    4. Fill online form for the correction of name. You have to provide any document as a proof.
    5. After fill form, you need to pay the fees for the same. You can pay through your debit card, credit card or net banking.
    6. You have to submit the certificate of the school principal and photocopy of scholar register.
    7.Scan all the documents and attach to your application online.
    8. After 15-20 days, you will be provided with a new mark sheet through your school principal.
    If you need a correction in graduation or PG mark sheet, Please contact your college principal. He will do the needful for the same. Some Universities have online facilities for the correction in the name. So visit and see whether your university provide this facility online or not? If the online facility is available, follow the above steps and fill an online form for the same.

    Honesty is the best policy.

  • It is always better to get the name corrected in advance itself otherwise sometimes you may have to face unnecessary problems.
    You better make a written request to both the boards mentioning the problem and attach a copy of your father's valid ID. This request has to go to the boards through the institutes where you have studied. The institute will do the necessary verification and forward to the concerned boards. Then the will correct the mistake and will send the corrected certificates to the school. Generally this process will take 45 days. So you take an acknowledgement from the school and make a xerox copy of your application to board with all the attachments and keep as a record with you. This will help you in going for document verification if they call you before you receive your corrected certificates.

    always confident

  • In any organization,schools,government offices there may be chances of same name and initials,it is becoming necessary to differentiate the father's name is important. It is highly advised to get the certificate corrected. For this you have approach the necessary management 'in person' with the documents with correct name of your father rather than writing to them letters by letters. If you are delaying for correcting this, it may take time to the concerned school/college/university, in later stage, for tracing the records for correction.

  • Sign In to post your comments