E-way bill is a statutory document which must be issued in case the goods they are being moving from one place to another now they can be moved either by ships or by road or by airplane or by railways. For transporting a goods person must have to fill E-way bill. There is a condition E-way bill is raised only when the movement of goods from one pace to another and the consignment value is more than 50000 for reasons like supply or when the supplier does made by an unregistered person then before starting the movement of goods he must fill E-way bill 01.
Here is a step by step Guide to Generate E-Way Bill (EWB-01) online:
Step 1: Login to e-way bill system.
Enter the Username, password and Captcha code, Click on ‘Login'
Step 2: Click on ‘Generate new' under ‘E-waybill' option appearing on the left-hand side of the dashboard.
1) Transaction Type:
Select ‘Outward' if you are a supplier of consignment
Select ‘Inward' if you are a recipient of consignment.
2) Sub-type: Select the relevant sub-type applicable to you:
If transaction type selected is Outward, following subtypes appear:
f transaction type selected is Inward, following subtypes appear:
ote: SKD/CKD- Semi knocked down condition/ Complete knocked down condition
3) Document type: Select either of Invoice / Bill/ challan/ credit note/ Bill of entry or others if not Listed
4) Document No. : Enter the document/invoice number
5) Document Date: Select the date of Invoice or challan or Document.
Note: The system will not allow the user to enter the future date.
6) From/ To: Depending on whether you are a supplier or a recipient, enter the To / From section details.
Note: If the supplier/client is unregistered, then mention ‘URP' in the field GSTIN, indicating that the supplier/client is an ‘Unregistered Person'.
7) Item Details: Add the details of the consignment (HSN code-wise) in this section:
Tax rates of CGST and SGST or IGST (in %)
Tax rate of Cess, if any charged (in %)
Note: On the implementation of E-way bills, Based on the details entered here, corresponding entries can also be auto-populated in the respective GST Return while filing on GST portal.
8) Transporter details: The mode of transport(Road/rail/ship/air) and the approximate distance covered (in KM) needs to be compulsorily mentioned in this part.
Apart from above, Either of the details can be mentioned:
Transporter name, transporter ID, transporter Doc. No. & Date.
Vehicle number in which consignment is being transported.
Format: AB12AB1234 or AB12A1234 or AB121234 or ABC1234