You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Schools

    For taking admission in CBSE school.

    Have a query about changing from PSEB to CBSE school? Searching for details about whether the admission is possible or not? Here, on this page find advice from experts.

    I live in Nabha city.I am brilliant student. Recently I have passed +1 non medical class with 75+% marks in PSEB school.
    Now I want to take admission in CBSE school.
    Is it possible or not?
  • Answers

    7 Answers found.
  • It is possible. Try to approach the schools who are offering the course and which schools you feel good and ask for the procedure and fee structure. You can select the school. They may ask you to appear for a written test and interview. Basing on your performance and the availability of seats in their institution they may offer you a seat in their school. Start working immediately.

    always confident

  • Yes, you can take the admission in CBSE school without any problem. For that, you have to meet the principal of the C?BSE school and ask him for the vacant seat. He will verify your last examination mark sheet and will consider your admission if he has a vacant seat is that particular class. For taking admission you will need the following documents:
    1. Photocopy of mark sheet of the last examination passed
    2. Transfer certificate
    3. Migration (For migration consult your present school principal he will guide you to get migration certificate)
    4. Photocopy Caste and income certificate ( if applicable)
    5. Photocopy of Adhaar card.
    6. Bank a/c number
    After admission, you need Grahyata of CBSE and your principal will do the procedure to enrol you in CBSE and to get grahyata. So, contact the school principal as soon as possible.

    Honesty is the best policy.

  • Yes, it is possible to have a seat in a school recognised from CBSE. Yo have to meet the Principal of the school having affiliation from CBSE Board. He would verify the position of the vacant seat available and then he may go through the the marks obtained in PSEB.
    Later he may decide the last date for receipt of applications interested to take admission in CBSE Board. A ranking list would be made and admission procedure would follow depending upon your ranking already made for this purpose. You will be intimated regarding your status of admission.
    You will be required to submit the following documents in the office of the school for admission - purpose-
    1) TC of the previous school from where you passed PSEB.
    2) Migration - certificate.
    3) Charecter- certificate issued by the previous - school.
    4) Photo- copy of marks - sheet of the previous Board.
    5) Photo- copy of Aadhar card.
    After the verification process is over, you need to submit requisite amount of fees for admission.

  • Normally the best time for this switchover is when you enrol for class XI as more number of seats are available at that time.

    Anyway in your case you can try to get admission on the basis of your good past academic record as some schools will like to have good students in their institution for improving the overall score of school performance.

    Now you find out CBSE schools in and around your town and you may have to meet the principal and explain your situation. You may have to visit may be a few schools affiliated with CBSE. Wherever you get a positive response submit your application along with documents like past educational credentials, earlier school leaving certificate, migration certificate, character certificate, identity proof like Aadhar card etc.

    Hopefully, with these efforts, you will be able to get a seat in CBSE school.

    Knowledge is power.

  • TThis response is marked as DELETED by the admin.

    Yes, it is definetely posssible to take an admission in CBSE school. Firstly find out in which CBSE school you wants to take an admission. The name of the city you mentioned is Nabha not Nibha. I made a list of best CBSE school that helps you to find out the best schools near Nabha, Punjab. The list of best CBSE schools in punjab :
    1. Delhi Public School, Jhammat Ayali Kalan, Ludhiana
    It was established in 2004 and is a collaborative effort with the Delhi Public Schools Society, which is one of the largest chains of CBSE schools in India. DPS Ludhiana is affiliated to CBSE, New Delhi and offers schooling from Nursery to Class XII.

    2. BCM Arya Model School, Shastri Nagar, Ludhiana
    Dr. Brij Mohan Lall laid the foundation stone of this institution on 2nd October, 1977. Bahadur Chand Munjal (BCM) Arya Model School is regularly affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). It has more than 6000 enrolled students. It has classes from nursery till XII which has total 145 section.

    3. DAV Public School, BRS Nagar, Ludhiana
    DAV Public School, B.R.S. Nagar, Ludhiana (Punjab) came into existence in 1983. Presently the school boasts of a multi storeyed building with facilities for training in various games, co-curricular activities along with quality education to meet the demands of the present age. Currently more than 5300 students are enrolled with the school in classes Nursery to XII. It is a CBSE affiliated and Co-ed school.

    4. Swami Sant Dass Public School, Phagwara
    The school was established in April 2000. It has got the approval of the C.B.S.E up to the senior secondary level. It is a Co-ed school.

    5. Bhartiya Vidya Mandir, Kitchlu Nagar, Ludhiana
    It was started in 1992. The institution is affiliated to the CBSE. It is a Co-ed school from nursery to XII. Shishu Vatika of this school has an independent block and large playgrounds. The students after qualifying from the Shishu Vatika are promoted to Class-1 of this school. The School is situated on the main Rajpura Humbran Road on land measuring 5.27 Acres with wide roads on all four sides.

    6. Christ The King Convent School, Pathankot
    Christ The King Convent School is a Co-ed school with more than 2450 students . It is affiliated to ICSE board.

    7. DAV Public School, Amritsar
    This Dav is another school of the Dayanand Anglo Vedic (DAV) group of schools. It is a Co-ed school from classes I to XII. It has more than 800 enrolled students. Being affiliated to CBSE like other DAVs it has a record of nice and qualified alums.

    8. Delhi Public School, Dhanowali, Jalandhar
    This DPS was established in the year 2002. It is a Co-ed school. This school affiliated to CBSE board. It provides education from pre-nursery till XII standard. It has more than 1200 enrolled students.

    9. Gobindgarh Public School, Mandi Gobindgarh
    This school was established in 1977 by Gobindgarh Educational and Social Welfare Trust. It is affiliated to C.B.S.E., New Delhi for Secondary and Senior Secondary classes. The school has a faculty of 145 teachers and administrative & sporting staff of 175 & students strength 3078 in regular CBSE classes and 169 in CBSE-i classes. From 2013 it has started CBSE-i, International version of CBSE catering to global curriculum. GPS is one among first 50 schools in the country which is the pilot project for CBSE. It is spread over an area of nearly 35000 square yards. The campus has extensive lush green lawns, flower beds and lots of greenery.

    10. Kundan Vidya Mandir Senior Secondary School, Ludhiana
    Kundan Vidya Mandir is a Senior Secondary School affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi. The school was established in 1941 and is now one of the premier institutions of India.It was the Ist school in Punjab to get affiliated to CBSE in 1963. It has a team of about 350 members of staff; both teaching and non-teaching and more than 5000 students. It has classes from LKG till XII.

    So decide any of the above school and contact with school principal about the admission.

  • Most CBSE schools do take students from the State Boards. All that you need to do is to coach yourself for the entrance examination.

    Since you are have mentioned that your background is non-medical, it is safe to presume that you are eligible to choose the commerce stream. Locate a good CBSE school in the same locality, and then seek an admission into the commerce stream.

    Please do note that this commerce stream opens up excellent careers after your plus 2 course. Of course, you can also do the computer science specialization, if the CBSE schools have this as an option. All the best.

  • A. You have completed 11th from a school under the Punjab State board and now want to change to a CBSE school. It would be possible but the problem is have a valid genuine reason, transfer of parents, shift of residence etc.
    2.The admissions are decided by the Chairman of the CBSE board and it is at the discretion of the CBSE authority, so you can try but keep options open.

    B.Please refer to the cbse admission rules on page 14 of this pdf file(

    C. You need to have a Transfer Certificate in the prescribed format ( the CBSE school that you intend to join can help you), signed by the principal.

    The above are important for the process of transfer. You need to look of the good CBSE schools in the area of your choice and the contact the admissions office of the CBSE school that you intend to join.
    Once you have the prescribed form the you need the relavant ID proof, date of birth proof, the Maarks sheet of the XI passing and the percentage.

    Lastly, a word of caution, many students who have been in state board all along find it difficult to cope when they switch over to CBSE. Think, discuss with your family and then arrive at a decision. You can check the syllabus that you would be studying in XII CBSE to get an idea. Since you say you are brilliant, who may adjust to it quickly in a couple of months.

    Delete Attachment

  • Image of the Transfer certificate that has the important information as to who can sign it. In your case the amended guideline will apply, please check this too.

    Delete Attachment

  • Sign In to post your comments