You have a M.Com in Advanced Business Statistics. If you satisfy the basic eligibility criteria including the minimum marks of 55% then you can apply for the PhD.
1. Why not consider applying for a job as a Lecturer in Commerce in a Government or a reputed private college.
2. Register in the various job portal (naukri.com, https://jobs.mitula.in/jobs/net-qualified-commerce), even UGC now has a section for academic jobs for NET qualified candidates (https://www.ugc.ac.in/jobportal/).
3. Currently there are jobs advertised for candidates who have NET JRF in commerence
4. Once you do this (UGC NET JRF is valid for two years), you can focus on doing a PhD by distance mode. IGNOU is a respected organisation that has a PhD in Commerce which you can complete in 3-6 years.
5. If you are keen to complete PhD before job,
i. Please try Delhi University, the department of commerce offers PhD by two modes, entrance exams and direct admission. With your NET JRF, you would be eligible for direct admission (http://www.commercedu.com/phd/)
ii. Bangalore University( http://bangaloreuniversity.ac.in/phd/)
You can contact the Bangalore university , Ph.D Section 080-22961242 or at Enquiry, Jnanbharathi Campus: 080-22961000
iii. Madras University (http://www.unom.ac.in/uploads/downloads/PhD_Regulations%202018_20180313052807_83910.pdf)
Please contact the respective department.
D.2 Section - Ph.D. Admission
Chepauk, Chennai - 600005
Phone: 044 - 2539 9500 or
The Enquiry line (Phone: 044 - 2539 9422)
iv. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University (https://braou.ac.in/)-Please contact them for current year.