• Category: Cricket

Asking about cricket in Hyderabad

Aspiring to make a career in cricket? Wondering whether it is possible to play in another state? Check out this page and get all the answers you are looking out for.

I am 22 years old and I am a left hand medium fast bowler. I have completed my Graduation and I want to go Hyderabad for MBA. There I want to play cricket. Can I play for HCA association or not because I am from Maharashtra? Can I play for Telangana cricket association? If I get selected in under 23 team will they allow me to play or not? I am from Maharashtra. Can I play from other state?

• You can play for HCA. Any person settled in Hyderabad or in Hyderabad can play for HCA.
    There are many member clubs in Hyderabad which are having membership in HCA. You can take membership in any of these clubs. Alternatively, you can take registration as a player in HCA. For the details and procedures, you can contact
    Hon. Secretary,
    The Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA)
    Gymkhana Grounds,
    Secunderabad,
    Hyderabad Urban

Phone:+91-40-27905676, Fax: +91-40-27906660
    email: hycricket@rediffmail.com,
    Administration
    The Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA)
    Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium,
    Uppal, Hyderabad 500 039

Phone:+91-40-27177842, Fax: +91-40-27176873
    email: hycricket@rediffmail.com

• From your narration, it appears that you are already a good cricket player and now want to play in Hyderabad especially through HCA.

It all depends on the assessment of your proficiency in cricket by HCA. If they find that you are a good player, you can definitely get a chance there.

Please remember like academics there is a very tough competition in the sports area also. You have to prove your worth if you want to progress there.

Now if HCA wants you to improve your game and then join them, in that case, you may have to join a coaching academy or cricket club to sharpen your wits.

So basically it will depend on your overall performance that they enrol you in their playing list.

After settling in Hyderabad, you approach them and depending on their screening or similar test you will know your future there.

• As an Indian one can play in any state as long as you fulfill the regulations. Players from other states who do not qualify as locals are allowed based on the local regulations and rules. For instance, in domestic matches, some state teams can have only up to 3 guest players, these are players who are from other states.

In your case, if you are really good in your bowling and have good potential to be an allrounder, then you can get a chance to play for Hyderbad or Telangana.

First would be to start playing for the local clubs in Hyderabad or Telangana that are affiliated to the state cricket club. The Hyderbad cricket association(HCA) has around 217 cricket clubs affiliated to it (https://www.hycricket.org/member-clubs/coa_members.pdf). Once you join any of the clubs, then work hard to get noticed by the selectors of the Under 23 and Under 25 cricket team for HCA.

As soon as you start palying with any of the clubs under HCA contact them regarding the rules and your plans regarding the domicilary status.

Hon. Secretary,
    The Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA)
    Gymkhanna Grounds,
    Secunderabad,
    Hyderabad Urban

For the Telangana cricket association, first register with them (http://www.tcricket.in/PlayerRegistration.aspx#.WwQZWO6FPIU).

Keep a look out for the divisional matches and inter-district matches and open selection/talent days, this would be a chance to get yourself notcied.