You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Gynaecology

    Foreskin is too tight at my glans.

    Have a query about private parts? Looking out for answers online regarding the private parts? Find advice from medical experts on this page for all your concerns.

    I am 31 years old. I married this year and my foreskin is tight up to my glans head. But some part of my glans is coming outside from my penis. If I am not going for Circumcision then also I can start my family or do I have to got for Circumcision?
  • Answers

    7 Answers found.
  • Phimosis is a situation where the foreskin is too tight to be pulled back over glans.
    Phimosis is normal in babies and toddlers, but in age children, it may be due to the skin condition that has caused scarring. It isn't a problem unless it causes symptoms.
    Immediate treatment is needed in cases where phimosis causes problems such as difficulty urinating.n adults, phimosis can occasionally be associated with sexually transmitted infections (STIs). It can also be caused by a number of different skin conditions, including
    eczema – a long-term condition that causes the skin to become itchy, red, dry and cracked
    psoriasis – a skin condition that causes red, flaky, crusty patches of skin covered with silvery scales
    lichen planus – a non-infectious itchy rash that can affect many areas of the body
    lichen sclerosis – a scarring condition of the foreskin (and sometimes glans) that's probably caused by urinary irritation in susceptible men and boys
    Topical steroids (a cream, gel or ointment that contains corticosteroids) are sometimes prescribed to treat a tight foreskin. They can help soften the skin of the foreskin, making it easier to retract.
    Phimosis can cause pain, skin splitting, or a lack of sensation during sex. Using a condom and lubricants while having sex may make your penis more comfortable.
    When surgery may be needed
    Surgery may be needed if a child or adult has severe or persistent balanitis or balanoposthitis that causes their foreskin to be painfully tight.
    Circumcision (surgically removing part or all of the foreskin) may be considered if other treatments have failed, but it carries risks such as bleeding and infection.
    As long as it is not causing any irritation or other problems you can go for your family life.
    It is advisable to contact a Surgeon in your area and explain to him the problem. He will suggest you the best course of action.

    always confident

  • Hello,

    Looks like you have symptoms of phimosis which means the inability to retract the foreskin and paraphimosis means the inability to return the foreskin to its original location. Not to worry as it is not bad for health. Since phimosis doesn't allow your foreskin to retract, it may be uncomfortable if you have sexual intercourse. Phimosis, if not treated, can lead to poor hygiene since the head of the penis cannot be cleaned well. That's only drawback. You are fertile and no issue with that. Still if you want you can check with doctor for alternatives to Circumcision.

    Life Is Beautiful

  • You need not worry unnecessarily imagining anything. Your marriage life or fertility will not be affected y this particular problem as such. Sometimes gradually the situation can improve by itself. There may be some discomfort during the physical relationship. Slowly when the mutual understanding and support becomes more and smooth, the discomfort also can come down. However do not use force or abrasion to retract the skin. If it retracts by using say, pure and hygienic coconut oil and gentle pressure, you may try.You may use lubricants. But it is better to consult a doctor in this regard.
    There is no need to panic. As it is a problem faced by many, there is also solution. But what is needed for you can be suggested by your doctor.

  • These are the delicate parts of the body and one should not try to retract it beyond limits as it will hurt and will be painful. This is a medical condition known as phimosis and if you find any discomfort during intercourse then it is necessary to go for expert medical advice regarding the possibility of use of certain medicated creams or in extreme case going for corrective surgery.

    The doctor will decide this depending upon the severity or whether you have this condition since birth or it has developed recently.

    There are hygiene issues also related to this and if it is a major one creating frequent rashes and infections then surgery may be the only solution.

    Knowledge is power.

  • This is not a big problem. I would advise you to consult a good surgeon for proper advice.

    If you have been this since childhood, you are most likely to have a condition called Phimosis. The skin covering the glans penis does not go back and if the opening is very tight, the skin bulges out while the person passes urine with a thin stream or in some cases by drops.

    A simple operation by a qualified surgeon will solve the problem forever and you will enjoy a blissful married life.

    "If you are killed in action, you go to Heaven. If you win, you rule this Earth (as beautiful as Heaven). That is why, O son of Kunti, take a firm resolve and fight!"-- Shrimad Bhagwad Gita

  • There is no cause for undue worry, you are recently married and now would have noticed this issue after erection and during intercourse.

    The foreskin cover the glans in the flaccid(unerect state) with a opening in the front so that urine can come out. In the erect state, there is a lot of blood entering the penis that swells it up so that intercourse can be performed. At such times the skin is stretched and at times does not go back. First see your regular doctor, a surgeon or an urologist.

    Avoid using steroid creams or scented products on the penis without medical advise, these can lead to fungal infections and other unwanted side effects

    While having a bath, please apply some lubricant, simple clean oil, vaseline or xylocaine jelly in small amounts and try to gently pull the foreskin back on the shaft and forwards on the glans. With time, often the skin can be made to retract to a sufficient degree that you can pass urine and have intercourse and start the family.

    In case this does not happen and intercourse is painful, then do follow the surgeon's advise of circumcision.

    Circumcision, is a simple procedure that can be perform under local or general anesthesia wherein the foreskin is removed. Once the wound heals you would be able to pass urine freely and have intercourse without pain. Some people hesitate to undergo this procedure because of the wrong belief that it reduces the sexual performance. Circumcision does not have any relation to the performance or sexual drive.

  • Don't be panic. You can cure phimosis by using ointment and oil. There are 70% success rate of ointment. There is no need of surgery. You can cure naturally at home.

    Phimosis is a condition that affects a man's penis. It is the condition where the foreskin, the flap of skin that folds over the head of the penis, cannot be retracted.

    Chamomile cream can be used for a wide range of inflammatory skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema and the same anti-inflammatory properties can be used as an alternative to steroid creams for phimosis.

    oil is made from the seeds of the Borago officinalis plant. It is rich in omega fatty acids and linolenic acid. Linolenic acid has long been known for its beneficial effects to the skin and indeed in used in many anti-aging beauty products. Tamanu is another essential oil that is both anti-inflammatory and has been shown to help regenerate skin cells. The active compound in the oil is calophyllolide which has the anti-inflammatory properties. Licorice cream is another natural home remedy for phimosis as the cream alleviates inflammation and has immune suppressant qualities similar to hydrocortisone creams.

    Those creams above really helps to cure phimosis. You can buy those cream through medical store and ask them about how to apply it to cure phimosis. You can also consult doctor to get proper guidance to cure phimosis.

  • Sign In to post your comments