Yes, any type of mismatch in the name, father's name, mother's name or surname can create a problem at the time of verification. You have not mentioned that what is the real name of your mother and what is indicated in the different marksheet. If you have to correct the mother name in school mark sheet please follw the following steps:
1. Contact the principal of your school and ask him to issue a certificate to correct the mother name. The school principal will tally the mother name in school scholar register and issue you a certificate for the same.
2. Visit the official site of your state board and fill the online form for the correction in mother name.
3. You have the scan the crertificate issued by principal,photocopy of scholar register, original mark sheet and adhaar card and upload them online.
4. After upoading the above document you have to pay some nominal charges which varies for different board. You can use your debit card, credit card, net banking to pay the fees.
5. After paying chareges submit the online form.
6. You will get the corrected mark sheet within the 15-20 days of submission of online form through your school principal.
If you need to correct the name in college mark sheet please contanct the college principal. He will guide you to fill the form offline. You can submit the form for the correction in name through your college principal.
Honesty is the best policy.