You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Education

    Spelling mistake in my documents

    Is there a spelling mistake in any of your documents? Wondering whether it will create an problem for MPSC? On this page get answers from our ISC experts.

    I have a spelling difference of only a letter in my documents. I am doing MPSC so is there is any problem? There is only a letter extra in my educational documents unlike the rest of all documents. Can you guide me further about to do?
  • Answers

    5 Answers found.
  • Even there is a single letter difference it may create problems at a later stage. Hence you apply for getting it changed now itself. Do you have a birth certificate. If you have it, contact the educational institutes where you have studied. Contact the in charge and apply for correction in writing by enclosing an attested copy of your birth certificate and apply for the correction. You have to pay the required fees. Then the concerned principal will forward to the board and they will get the needful done.

    always confident

  • Yes, it will certainly create a problem at the time of document verification. I will suggest you go to correct the name in school certificate. It is not a very difficult task. Please contact your school principal and tell him to issue you a certificate for the name correction. After that, you have to apply online for correction in the name. I am providing the step by step procedure for the same:
    1. Visit the official site of your state board.
    2. Go to name/ father's name/ mother's name/ surname correction and fill the form.
    3. Scan and upload the following documents along with the online application:
    a. Certificate issued by the school principal.
    b. Photocopy of school scholar register.
    c. Original Mark sheet.
    d. Adhaar card.
    4. After uploading the above documents you have to pay some charges. You can use net banking, debit card, credit card for payment.
    5. After that, submit your form.
    6. The DEO will verify your online application and the board will issue you a new corrected mark sheet within 15-20 days.
    You can take the help of KIOSK if you face any problem in applying online.

    Honesty is the best policy.

  • From your query it is not very clear that in how many documents you are having this mistake. Anyway, wherever it is, it has to be got corrected by your education board office otherwise it will be an issue at the time of document verification when you go for appearing an interview or walk in job interview.

    So you must apply for this either online or manually by giving an application for correction along with the supporting document from your side. Whatever supporting document you give, your name should be correctly mentioned in them because the board authorities will refer that only for correcting your name in the documents where it is incorrect.

    You just check those documents where your name is correct. It could be birth certificate, Aadhar card, PAN card, driving license, Voter card etc.

    It will take some time but once you receive the corrected document you will be free from all the hassles and inconveniences at the time of document verification.

    Knowledge is power.

  • Is affidavit accepted by UPSC/MPSC or Gazette Certificate?

  • On my SSC/HSC/Degree certificate is having my surname as ^Beladar^ and Aadhar/PAN/ Caste certificate and Domicile leaving certificate have ^beldar^ only a letter difference . Rrather it will change or make affidavit or gazette for it please suggest affidavit or gazette accepted by UPSC/MPSC?

  • Sign In to post your comments