You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Career Guidance

    How to correct father’s name in CBSE mark sheets for admission to DU

    Got provisional admission only to Delhi University due to a mismatch in father's name in the CBSE 10th and 12th mark sheets? Know with expert advice how to get it corrected quickly to get confirmed admission.

    At the time of my college admission in Delhi University, I realised that my father's name was printed incorrectly in my 10th and 12th CBSE mark sheets. Due to the mismatch in the mark sheets and my category certificates, I was given a provisional admission with 15 days time period to get the name corrected on in my mark sheets. What should I do?
  • Answers

    3 Answers found.
  • 15 days time is very short. You should act quickly. You might have seen the mistake immediately after receiving the certificate and applied for correction. Immediately contact the school from which you passed your 10th and 12th classes and apply to the board through the school for correction. Give it writing that the time given is 15 days and hence request them for a fast action. You have to attach your community certificate copy with the letter and fees as informed by your school. personally sit with the School administration and see that they will forward the same to the board on the same day. Don't forget to rake an acknowledgement from them on a duplicate copy of your application for correction, If possible do to the Board office along with the letter from school and meet the concerned person and see that they will do the needful at the earliest.
    You can give a letter to the university saying that you have applied for correction and attach a copy of the acknowledgement given and ask for some more time.

    always confident

  • You can apply for the correction of father's name within the declaration of the result. Please consult the principal of your school and check the scholar register. Also, look at the list of candidate send by the principal. If father's name is correct in both the documents, you can apply for the correction. Ask your principal to do so. You need the following documents to apply:
    1. The true copy of admission form submitted by parents at the time of admission.
    2. The true copy of T.C. provided by the previous school.
    3. Attested copy of school scholar register.
    Please also visit this link for more detail.

    Honesty is the best policy.

  • Glad that you have got your admission pending the submission of the correct documents.
    In CBSE, the procedure is standardized.

    1. Download this application form, use separate ones for 10th and 12th.( Please read page 4 of this pdf file, it mentions the charges for name correction Rs:1,000.00

    2. Please read through the guidelines regarding the forms (, check the fees for name correction service, the delivery charges etc.

    3. Choose an office close to you, in Delhi and apply for the 'URGENT BASIS". Here you have to submit the necessary documents, pay the higher fee for URGENT SERVICE and often you can get the documents in two working days.

    So, please gather all the evidence,
    your present certificates
    proof of father's correct name, spelling, and initials
    rest of your school documents.
    If you have any doubts, then meet the administrative office of your 10th and 12th schools, the officers/staff will be able to help you.

    Since time is short, I would also suggest having a correct name affidavit made for your father. This can be done once you meet the Notary in your local civil courts/offices, this would be legal proof of your father's correct name. This can be done on the same day. By evening, you can publish both in local newspapers (English and Vernacular), then you would have all the documents in hand.

    Please also use this opportunity to check your other documents PAN,Aadhaar,Voter's, Driving License,caste certificate if any.

    Delete Attachment

  • Sign In to post your comments