You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: State Government

    Mismatch in mother's name in Class 12 and graduate degree mark sheets

    Worried about a mismatch of mother's name in the academic mark sheets? Find out if it will create problems for document verification later for a job & if there is any way to get the mark sheets corrected.

    I'm working hard for the Rajasthan lab assistant exam. My mother's name is Gita Devi in the mark sheet of the tenth standard and in 12th mark sheet there is only Gita (Devi is missing). Also, my mother's name in the B.Sc. mark sheet is Gita Devi.

    I passed my 12th exam in 2014. Will it create problems for me at the time of document verification?
  • Answers

    4 Answers found.
  • It is better to get the name corrected on your 12th marks sheet. You can apply through the college you studied your +2. Contact the in charge of the institute and apply for correction of Mother's name in your +2 certificate. You have to make your request in writing and a certified copy of your X certificate is to be attached to your request. As required you may have to pay the fees also. The institute head will forward it to the board with his recommendations and the board will affect the change and send the certificate with correct name again to the institute and you can collect it from there.

    always confident

  • You have 10th and B.Sc marksheets having your mother's name as Gita Devi. But your 12th has her name as Gita.
    Generally during document verfication, these minor issues and spelling mistakes should not create problems but it is safer and wiser to have the 12th marksheet changed so that it is in line with your other education certificates.

    How about your other ID proofs (birth certificate, caste certificate if any and PAN card)?

    Have ID proof copies of your mother that has her full name. Get the xerox copies attested and then contact your 12th school or college adminstration office.
    You need to draft a letter requesting the service you want; this along with the other documents and the neccessary fees will be forwarded to the State 12th board by the principal.
    It takes on an average 30 days for this service, the respective board will send the new certificate/marksheet to your 12th school or college.

    If you 12th standard is from CBSE. then you need to follow the guidelines mentioned here (

    This is the form for Name correction services
    ( You also need to have an affdavit of your mother's correct name as you want. This affidavit will be give by a Notary. The rest of the procedure is more or less the same as above.

  • Any mismatch of name in the educational certificates or marksheet is a source of embarassment and problem at the time of document verification.

    As per your narration the problem is only in the XII marksheet. So you have to apply to your education board office for rectification and issue of the corrected document in respect of this marksheet.

    You can do it online also by giving all the details and depositing the requisite fee. Otherwise send your application along with the support documents like Aadhar card or PAN card or Voter card where the name of your mother is reflecting correctly.

    You can ask the detailed procedure regarding fee and supporting documents required from your college where you completed your class XII.

    This is an important matter and take it on the priority.

    Knowledge is power.

  • From the question I understand that there is discrepancy in respect of your mother's name only in your Std. XII th certficate. You have passed your Std. XIIth Board examination in 2014. Ifeel that if you apply to the concerned Board now along with supporting documents (your Standard Xth Board documents and any other documents indicating the correct name of your mother), the Board will rectify this minor mistake.

    In case the Board declines to change your mother's name in the certificate, you have to sign an Affidabit before any First Class Magistrate of your city indicating that your mother's name is Gita Devi and in some documents, it is mentioned Gita. Both Gita Devi and Gita is the same person. You have to publish classified advertisements in one English newspaper and one vernacular newspaper. You are required to preerve the original Affidabit and the advertisements for future reference.

    Please take necessary action as early as possible to avoid any future complication.

    "If you are killed in action, you go to Heaven. If you win, you rule this Earth (as beautiful as Heaven). That is why, O son of Kunti, take a firm resolve and fight!"-- Shrimad Bhagwad Gita

  • Sign In to post your comments