Advice on investment choices to meet long-term objectives as per existing portfolio
Have good investments in your portfolio but unsure if you are on the right path to achieve long-term objectives? Get advice from experts whether or not you need to make changes to your existing portfolio.
a) I have an 8-year-old daughter presently in her 3rd grade. She was born in 2010 May.
b) I am 42 years of age worked in Gulf for over 15 years and returned to India for good only 2 months ago and looking for a suitable opportunity.
c) My wife is working as an Asst. Prof for Mathematics in a Self-financing college.
My asset allocation (Portfolio) in brief:
1. PPF - Rs 26.30 Lakhs (2nd year of the 1st extension block of 5 years)
2. Equity mix - Rs 27,500 per month in the form of SIP in the following funds
a) DSPBR Equity (G) - Rs 6000/- p.m (Rs 3500 from May 2011 & Rs 2500 from Sep 2016)
b) L&T Equity (G) - Rs 3000/- p.m from May 2011
c) IDFC Multicap (G) - Rs 7000/- p.m (Rs 2000 from June 2010 & Rs 5000 from Sep 2016)
d) Reliance Multicap (G) - Rs 6000/- p.m from Aug 2012
e) Sundaram Midcap (G) - Rs 5500/- p.m from Aug 2012
Last month, infused Rs 5 Lakhs in all the above funds of Rs 1 Lakh each as a lumpsum as the market is undergoing a correction.
3. Hybrid funds ( Debt and Equity mix)
a) HDFC Hybrid bond (previously MIP Longterm growth) - Rs 18 Lakhs
b) Reliance MIP Growth - Rs 23 Lakhs
Doing an SWP of Rs 20K every month from both the above MIPs for regular income and the HDFC MIP SWP of Rs 10K is being reinvested in buying monthly SIPs. So, only Reliance MIP SWP of Rs 10k is being utilised for spends every month.
4. Fixed Deposits - Rs 30 lakhs @ average ROI of 9% p.a, maturity in 2021 & 2022.
5. Gold - ornaments and bars worth Rs 15 Lakhs
6. Contingency expenses - Rs 10 lakhs
7. Health Insurance for my wife (Diabetic Insurance) - Sum insured - Rs 2 Lakhs
8. Own a 2 BHK flat worth Rs 50 Lakhs and debt free. Only last month retired papers from the bank after the closure of Home loan in full.
9. Regular Income - Rs 30 K from my Fixed Deposits' interest until May 2021.
10. Made provisions to pay for my daughter's school fees (about Rs 1.2 lakhs p.a) for another 2 years.
1. I would like to raise a corpus substantial enough to take care of my daughter's Graduation in 2028 and Post Graduation (PG in a foreign country in 2032) and also for her Marriage in 2035. Please advise if my SIPs are in line with my expectations.
2. My retirement at 50 years. Your suggestions to rejig my portfolio, if necessary.
Please revert with your expert advice and opinion if my investment portfolio is on the right track which has the potential to deliver my expectations over time.
Appreciate your time and support.