You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Career Guidance

    Difference in name on certificates

    Is there any issue with name spellings in certificates? Worried about government job documentation? Scroll through this page and get all the advice you are looking for.

    My mother's name in my 10th certificate does not tally with that on my 12th and graduation certificates.
    What should I do to avoid problems in documentation procedure for govt exams?
    Which spelling of my mother's name should I mention for filling up govt exams?
  • Answers

    4 Answers found.
  • Your mother's name should be the same in all the certificates. If your mother is having an identity card the name on the card should tally with the name on your certificates. As per your question what I understand is SSC certificate is having a name and the names on 12th and graduation certificates are different. Generally, the name on the SSC certificate is the standard for all your further certification. So you better arrange for changing the names on 12th and graduation certificates as per your SSC certificate. For your 12th certificate, you have to apply through the school you have studied to the board in writing along with a xerox copy of your SSC certificate duly attested by a gazetted officer. The school will forward this application to the board and they will do the needful and send back the corrected certificate to the school and you can collect from there.
    For graduation certificate correction you have to apply to University through the college.

    always confident

  • You have a mismatch in mother's name. Although some would feel, this is a minor issue, it would be better to rectify this when you have time to avoid future issues. Please use this chance to check for other errors related to father's name or spellings etc

    What should I do to avoid problems in documentation procedure for govt exams?

    First, check your mother's correct name and have evidence for the same (Mother's Aadhaar, PAN or ration card). Then check which one you need to change. Please keep attested copies of mother's correct name

    Draft a letter to the board, forwarded through the principal or head of the institution. You need to have attested copies of mother's ID that show her correct name and the necessary fees for it. The board would send the corrected copies to the school/12th college in about 4 weeks time.

    Please visit the University under whose jurisdiction your college falls under, if they have an online option please use it, if not. Draft a similar letter for name change service, if there is a pre-formatted form to be filled, please fill it, enclose the attested copies of mother's ID and pay the fees for the same. In a month's time, the university will issue the new corrected degree certificate.

    Which spelling of my mother's name should I mention for filling up govt exams?

    For all online and other job applications, future legal matters stick to one name that is clearly stated in all your certificates and ID documents and a name which you can substantiate.

  • From the question, I understand that there is discrepancy in respect of your mother's name in your Std. Xth, Std. XIIth and Graduation certificates. If you have passed your Board examinations and University examination not long ago, I feel that if you apply to the concerned Board/University now along with supporting documents (any document indicating the correct name of your mother like her AADHAR card, etc.), the Board/University will rectify this minor mistake.

    In case the Board/University declines to change your mother's name in the certificate, you have to sign an Affidavit before any First Class Magistrate of your city indicating that your mother's name is XYZ and in some documents, it is mentioned Xyz. Both XYZ and Xyz is the same person. You have to publish classified advertisements in one English newspaper and one vernacular newspaper. You are required to preserve the original Affidavit and the advertisements for future reference.

    Please take necessary action as early as possible to avoid any future complication.

    "If you are killed in action, you go to Heaven. If you win, you rule this Earth (as beautiful as Heaven). That is why, O son of Kunti, take a firm resolve and fight!"-- Shrimad Bhagwad Gita

  • Name,father's name,Date of birth are the basic details which required till our last breath for anything to be proved and they should be similar and a correct one in all documents. The school certificate for seniors and birth certificates for youngsters become a valid one. As the date of birth is deciding matters in one's life till his end,much care should be taken in the beginning itself. School certificate,college certificates,aadhaar,Pan card,voter Id, driving licence should tally each other. You immediately approach in person to the college authorities and get corrected. No correspondences will yield good result rather than personal approach. Your delay will make the matter more delay.

  • Sign In to post your comments