You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Career Guidance

    Father's name in short in all certificates

    Is there an issue with father's name in all certificates? Worried about whether it will create any problem in government job or PG admissions? Check out this page and get a resolution to your worries.

    My father's name is written in shorthand in class 10, class 12th certificate and also in my B.Tech certificate.
    Is it going to create any problem in PSU, IES or during admissions into IITs?
    Currently I am in 3rd year of my BTech.
  • Answers

    6 Answers found.
  • If the name is the same in all the certificates there may not be any problem. If there is a difference between one certificate to other there may be a problem. My father's name is N V S S Umamaheswars Sastrulu. But in all my certificates it was mentioned as N V S S U Sastrulu. From my SSC certificate to PhD certificate his name is mentioned as that only. There is no problem for me in any issue. So if all your certificates have the same name you need not worry.

    always confident

  • As Dr Rao told if the names in all the documents are same then there is not a problem. But if there is a difference in the name that may cause a big problem. I will also suggest you should change the name in other government documents like adhaar card, Voter ID, PAN Card, etc. accordingly.

    Honesty is the best policy.

  • Educational certificate of class 10th, 12th and degree is very important as a proof of your identification. As you said that the father name is placed same in all educational certificate then it cannot create any problem at the time of admission anywhere. What about other id proof documents is it similar or different. You can change the name accordingly to your educational certificate in other ID proof documents.

  • If the name is consistant across all the certificates then you need not to bother about this. The problem comes when they differ from one certificate to another.

    From your query it appears that in some documents his full name is also there.

    Anyway, this is not a serious issue as any such mismatch can be explained reasonably.

    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

  • If your father's name is the same (shortened) in your educational certificate AND proof of Identity (PAN,Aadhaar,DL) and caste certificate (if applicable), then you would not have any issues.

    If you find a mismatch, then it would be better to align all your certificates and documents so that you do not have any issues when you apply for Government jobs as most of them would be online and there should not be a mismatch at the time of document verification. It would also be useful to rectify it before you apply for passports so that you would not have issues with mismatch and visas, international job offers/deputation etc.

    I would suggest, why risk a chance and face issues later, any way you are in your final year and still have to get your B Tech degree certificate.

    10th and 12th certificate correction

    You can get father's ID proof (PAN, Aadhaar) that has his correct name. Please get attested copies of father's ID and then draft a letter to the respective boards (10th and 12th) requesting correction of father's name and issuance of a new certificate. Please forward this to the respective boards via the school prinicpal or head of institution of 10th and 12th. There would be a small fee applicable and in around 4 weeks time the board would send the new certificates to the school/12 college.

    College Update
    Please inform your College office and the university officials about the proper father's name so that your degree certificate and consolidated marks card is issued in the future with the correct father's name.

  • Name,father's name,Date of birth are the basic details which required till our last breath for anything to be proved and they should be similar and a correct one in all documents. The school certificate for seniors and birth certificates for youngsters become a valid one. As the date of birth is deciding matters in one's life till his end,much care should be taken in the beginning itself. School certificate,college certificates,aadhaar,Pan card,voter Id, driving licence should tally each other. You immediately approach in person to the college authorities and get corrected. No correspondences will yield good result rather than personal approach. Your delay will make the matter more delay.
    In your case the correction is necessary and should be done immediately.

  • Sign In to post your comments