First timer for submitting IT returns have to ensure some preliminary things (for online filing of IT returns)
1.Obtaining PAN card ,Aadhar card
2. Registering with incometaxefiling
3.Linking Aadhar to the IT site account
For efiling of IT return taxpayer need to have some basic and essential details
1. Get your bank passbook updated or have the full statement of accounts for the full financial year with you. This is for cross verifying the incomes credited to your bank account from various sources including salary.
2. Get Form 16 from employer
3. Get TDS certificate (Form 16A) from bank-now this can also be downloaded online by us
4. If there is any housing loan or education loan
get the interest and instalment certificates from the concerned bank.
5. Visit income tax e-filing site and download 26 AS; Compare and ensure that the income from all sources have been reported and all the TDS recovered from you are shown credited there .
6. In case of difference locate and be ready with the data to incorporate correct data in ITR filing time.
7. If you have received any salary arrears for previous years, and by reducing that amount from the current years income if you feel that your tax will be reduced, then you need to fill form 10E online, before filing ITR.
8. From Form 16 or form your on records separately group and categorise your investments and exemptions under different sections and chapters like VIA, chapter 16, sections 80C, to 80E whatever us applicable to you.
9. If some amounts are eligible to be exempted from income like conveyance etc that come under section 10 and subsections, fill the income net of this eligible exemption and report it under relevant section in ITR.
10. Now you are almost ready to file ITR. Select the form ( ITR1 for most salaried people) depending on sources of income, and quantum of total income.
11. Log in to income tax e-filing site, select appropriate AY, etc and proceed to fill relevant details from the data you have already kept with you.
12. At first itself you may find some choices which can automatically capture certain details. Tick the choice if you are sure of that. Then some or much of your labour can be saved.
13. The ITR forms are mostly self explanatory and can be filled by self provided you do not hurry unnecessarily, save draft periodically, verify thoroughly before final submission.
14. Now because of Aadhaar linking one can e verify with Aadhaar and there is no necessity to send any paper physically to IT office. Everything can be done online.