• Category: IT jobs

Need help to choose correct course for my career.

Interested in choosing to study an additional course along with MCA? Confused between doing php, android or .NET? No worries, our ISC experts shall provide you with suggestions to identify a suitable course and plan a successful future.

I have done MCA and I am confused right now about which course should I choose and which will be best for my life?
    I want to know the difference and the scope between php, android and dotnet.
    In case of php, can tell me whether I should choose full stack development or only development?

Which course has better scope in future?

• PHP and Dot NET are most combine asked skill set so doing one of it will not help you. Also you will need very good institute to do these courses which offers guaranteed certification along with job offers. Mostly MCA students get job placement on campus and do not need to do external courses. C DAC offers good placements but its entry is very tough. On similar time hunt for freshers job opportunities. All the best.

• .NET is a software framework developed by Microsoft that runs primarily on Microsoft Windows. It provides language interoperability across several programming languages. So .NET is a framework for providing interoperability on Microsoft Windows.
    Android is a mobile operating system developed by Google, based on the Linux kernel and designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Android's user interface is mainly based on direct manipulation, using touch gestures that loosely correspond to real-world actions, such as swiping, tapping and pinching, to manipulate on-screen objects, along with a virtual keyboard for text input.
    PHP code may be embedded into HTML or HTML5 markup, or it can be used in combination with various web template systems, web content management systems and web frameworks. The PHP code is usually processed by a PHP interpreter implemented as a module in the web server or as a Common Gateway Interface (CGI) executable. So, PHP is a server-side scripting language.
    You should learn the fundamental building block and that which is most widely used. The fundamental building block for a software developer job is code and code is written in a programming language. So, you should learn a programming language rather than a framework.
    The options for programming languages - Java, PHP, C#, C, C++. As you have mentioned about PHP, You can opt for that. You should choose full stack development, I suggest.

• We have to be specialized in something to get success in life. Without specialization on any field, no one can become successful. If you choosed any language when you are in BCA now after completing MCA you did not ask this question. MCA is a very big thing and still you're confused what to do. There are many languages which you can learn seperately such as C, C++, Java, HTML, PHP and NET. Those languages have lots of scope and career opportunities. There are thousands of companies and every company have there websites. Who develop yes PHP developer make websites according to company and they mention the names of an employees too in the websites. Every company hire PHP developer. You can learn languages through private institutions such as Framebox, Tops technologies,.. etc. If you learn one language then it can be easy to learn other coding based languages because all languages are interrelated with each other. So pick up any language and start learning it. Be specialized on it then you can become successful.

• You have already completed MCA and it can be now assumed that your core area is computer applications. Now you have to find out your main interest and line in which you feel that you will be able to perform in the best possible way.

There are many broad areas where one can focus like database or designing or networking or software development or web development etc. If designing is in your mind then the courses like JavaScript and HTML CSS could be useful. For database handling one can go for JSP, .net, Oracle, PhP and J Query.

For MCA persons there are opportunities in private as well as PSUs and variety of roles and jobs are offered.

Jobs in organisations are not tailor-made for any specific course. They are as per the requirement of the organisation. For example if they want to hire a trouble shooter for their computer set ups then what qualification will be suitable for that?

What I will suggest is one can focus for attaining knowledge in a particular field through additional diplomas or courses but if you get a job related to your MCA qualification then join it without much bothering for the remuneration and other facilities. The reason is very simple. The job position is very tight in our country and there are so many aspirants for a few jobs. In such a condition it is no point in having selective attitude.

Best thing is join some job and gain experience. When you join a job you learn so many new things and get to know new areas where scope for various different skills in computer arena is utilised.

This will give you new ideas about career planning and also as how to progress in the line of your interest. After getting experience only, one can think of swapping the jobs also and can move to greener pastures.

• After MCA one can definitely go for some specialised diploma or course but at the same time searching and trying for a job is also a priority.

For computer professionals, there are many such areas and one can apply for the vacancies falling in those categories.

Some of the prominent areas are Software development or programming, System analyst, Trouble shooting, Software application architect, Software consultant etc.

So the above are the main fields where one can try to get a job and at the same time increase ones knowledge by joining some relevant diploma or course where it seems to be prospective from the industry trends.

• Since you have already acquired an MCA degree and hence you are supposed to be familiar with the different languages being taught in your session. You might have covered different modules like Java, PHP, JSP, Oracle etc.
    What I would suggest you to go through the course - cirriculam and see if there is any area which is beyond your comprehension. Any technical doubt has to be clarified by a competent professor so has to have the better perception of your course.
    You may approach a job - consultant and simulteneously get yourself registered in Naukari.com so as to get a matching job.
    Once you enter in a reputed IT company, you would have enough exposure in a particular domain and ultimately you will have substantial growth.

• Though I m not a IT person, I use all my common sense in getting across to people who already work in companies and find out the various verticals they are in.

Of late, I do find that the SAP Supply Chain Management professionals are in great demand. Let me explain with whatever I know from a MBA point of view. I have a MBA degree and I know the business side of it and then verified the IT side of it from my friends and relatives working in this domain.

Please do understand that as long as there are human beings, there will be hundreds of things that will be manufactured and transported. These also need to be delivered to customers physically and this cannot be done through computers. For example, you can order a masala dosa though an online platform but still there is a human being who will bring it to you and take your acknowledgement for it. The end to end delivery is also what is called Supply Chain Management.

Today, there are hundreds of start ups in this Supply Chain Management, which have taken up the total responsibility of organizing the end to end delivery of some commodity or the other. In other words, a company manufacturing cement will hand over this entire responsibility to this intermediate start up, which will then take on the mantle of organizing the delivery through its own Network. For example, if the cement bags have to moved in bulk between Bangalore and Hyderabad, this intermediate organization will do everything. Yes, everything. The marketing guy of the cement company can sit in his office and simply track the movement of goods that will be organized by the intermediate company on behalf of the cement company. Who bothers to have relationships with hundreds of truckers, negotiate rates, handle all the labor involved and so on? It is this intermediate company. This is similar to the A to Z marriages where the parents on either side happily watch the IPL match when the agency entrusted with the job will do all the running about to get everything in place at 7PM. (some IPL matches start at 4PM!!).,

Well, this is life for you. Your job will be safe and your career will simply take off in terms of back office support with all the sophisticated software that you need to have in terms of relationships with so many hundreds of vendors at different branches. This is one business that will never have a loss. It is what we call in Tamil Nadu as "vatratha jeeva nadhi"(the perennial river that never goes dry).

Hence, go to any institute that offers the SAP Supply Chain Management course and land in Bangalore. You are bound to get some job. Go through the experience route. Success will be yours.

Another thing is what I understand as Cloud Computing. I understand that there is a terrific demand for professionals in this area. You are sure to get a job.

You can choose either of these options. Yes, of course, I do not know anything about the questions you have raised. I do not know anything and am not in a position to answer that.

All the very best.