You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Central Government

    Regarding name correction for central government job

    Have a query about central government job document verification procedure? wondering what to do if you have made a wrong entry? Check out this page and get answers from our ISC experts.

    I have filled my name wrongly in central government job attestation form.
    My document verification has been done by SSC.
    Will it create any problem in further process of joining by the department?
  • Answers

    2 Answers found.
  • Is there any problem with your document verification? Did they ask you any questions regarding this point? What is the mistake you have done in attestation form? If you have given these details we might have given you a detailed answer.
    However, you send a letter or email to the office in charge of looking after the recruitment issues stating that your correct name and tell them that because of typographic error you have mentioned the name wrong. You can attach a certificate where your name is correctly mentioned. If you are sending a letter, please send it by registered post acknowledgement due. Make a copy of your letter and keep it with you for your record. If any questions are asked at a later stage you can show them that you have sent an information to them regarding the mistake.

    always confident

  • You have filled your name wrongly in the online form BUT complete the document verfication. Looks like it is a spelling mistake and the verficiation authorities have overlooked it.

    There is no need to unduly worry about this issue, you can join the department provided you update the authorities regarding the spelling mistake etc about your name. Only errors in date of birth, caste and age would be frowned upon, if it looks like you have modified it to fit the eligibility criteria.

    Pleae check the application form and the document verification call letter for an adddress, a name or an email contact of an officer or authority related to the selection team.

    You can just draft a letter

    The officer-in-charge

    Respected Sir/Madam,

    I so and so, had appeared for the written exam (date) and then had the document verification(date) done. I would like to bring to your notice about a small spelling mistake in my name. My correct name is so and so and I have enclosed attested copies of my identity documents with my correct name.

    I request your kindself to note the minor error and help me to avoid further queries

    Thanking you

    Your name, the reference number for the job
    Copy of the admit card for written exam
    call letter for the document verification
    the attested ID proof copy with your correct name.
    you contact details.

    Please keep the acknowledgement of the posted letter or email copy print out with you for future reference
    You can also visit the website ( to try and find some contact details based on your specific job advert.

  • Sign In to post your comments