You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: State Government

    Father's name correction in degree certificates and provisional certificate

    Worried about spelling mistake in degree and provisional certificates? Looking out for advice about where to upload the request for correction addressed to the controller of exams? Check out this page and resolve your query.

    My fathers name is correctly in all my SSC, inter and in all id proofs but wrongly spelt in my OU degree marks memo in provisional certificates and in consolidated memo. Somehow I got to know the online process after going to university.
    Now when I scanned all my documents and a letter requesting the controller of examinations is also need to be uploaded. How and where I should upload the letter scanned copy? Please someone help me with this.
    I need my certificates to go abroad and facing one word mistake problem in my fathers name .
  • Answers

    3 Answers found.
  • You have to make a letter requesting the controller of examinations in which you have to give all the details regarding your problem. You have to clearly mention what is your father's correct name and what is the name given in the certificates. Then you have to request him to arrange for the correction. You sign on that letter. Then scan the letter and upload this letter along with all other certificates you are uploading at the time of uploading. That is the letter they are asking. They will take the copy of all the documents and this letter also and do the correction as required and send you the correct document.

    always confident

  • You have a name error in the OU degree marks and the consolidated memo. What about your original degree certificate?
    Looks like you have already registered online and used the option of issue of degree certificate with the option name correction with new memos. Please check that files are in JPG or JPEG format, not more than 100 KB and upload.
    Please draft a letter requesting the service of name correction

    Prof . Kumar Molugaram
    M.Tech., Ph. D (IIT Bombay)
    Controller Of Examinations
    Office Number:040-27077061
    Office Number:040-27098397,27098072
    Email Id:
    Professor of Civil Engineering
    University College of Engineering,
    Osmania University.

    You can upload with the rest of the documents requested. Once you are complete, you would be directed to the payment gateway for the name change service. If you have an issue then please contact the office of CEO, during day time hours 10AM-5PM or by mail.

    Controller of Examinations,Osmania University,
    Hyderabad - 500 007.
    Contact Numbers : 040-27077061,040-27098072
    EMail :

    If you are in a hurry, then can you visit the examinations office directly?

  • Name,father's name,Date of birth are the basic details which required till our last breath for anything to be proved and they should be similar and a correct one in all documents. The school certificate for seniors and birth certificates for youngsters become a valid one. As the date of birth is deciding matters in one's life till his end,much care should be taken in the beginning itself. School certificate,college certificates,aadhaar,Pan card,voter Id, driving license should tally each other. You immediately approach in person to the college authorities and get corrected. No correspondences will yield good result rather than personal approach. Your delay will make the matter more delay.

  • Sign In to post your comments