You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Career Guidance

    Career as a teacher after completing BTech in Electronics and Instrumentation

    Interested in taking up teaching profession? want to know whether a BTech is eligible for teaching without MTech or BEd? Our ISC experts shall provide you with guidance to achieve your dreams.

    I am a BTech holder in Electronics and Instrumentation from Bengal college of Engineering and Technology, Durgapur. I am currently 30 yrs old. I am interested in career as a teacher. I haven't done MTech or B.Ed. Can you suggest me which way I can go to fulfil my dreams?
  • Answers

    6 Answers found.
  • There are various post in Private, Government colleges and Autonomous colleges like IIT's and IIT aided.
    Posts are like Lecturer , Assistant Professor and Associate Professor are most common in engineering. Here is eligibility criteria most of the engineering colleges keep.
    M.E. Or Technology PG is required to be qualified for teaching in Engineering graduation. Still I am giving following eligible criteria for these positions.
    Lecturer Position -
    Required qualification is
    1. M.E./M.Tech. Degree in the concerned discipline preceded by B.E./B.Tech.
    2. Degree in the relevant branch with a First Class at both the levels or Ph.D. in the relevant science/arts discipline preceded by UG/PG degree in the relevant discipline with First Class and consistently good academic record in theprevious years
    3. Age less than 35 years on the last date of receiving application.
    Following is optional or desirable eligibility.
    1. Ph.D. Degree in the concerned engineering discipline from a reputed Institution .
    2. Teaching/Research/Industrial experience in the relevant discipline;
    3. Publications record in refereed scientific/ professional journals.

    Assistant Professor Position -
    Required Qualification is
    1. Ph.D. Degree or equivalent in the concerned discipline from a reputed institution, preceded by a UG/PG Degree in the relevant discipline in First Class (or equivalent) with consistently good academic record.
    2. Teaching/Research/Industrial experience in the relevant discipline for a minimum of 5 years
    3. Good publications record in refereed scientific / professional journals.
    4. Age less than 45 years on the last date of receiving application.
    Optional or Preferred qualification is
    1. Evidence of participation in sponsored research, continuing education and/or industrial consultancy programs. 2. Proven record of guiding UG/PG students and team work.
    3. Participation in professional society activities.

    For Associate Professor Position -
    All qualifications required for this position is same as Assistant Professor except experience required is 10 years and age should be less than 55 years.

    Since you are graduate only you should be eligible for teaching in polytechnic colleges. Meantime complete your post graduation. All the best.

    Life Is Beautiful

  • A B.Tech qualified is not eligible for a teaching post. But you are interested to go for a teaching career.
    If you want to be a teacher in government schools you should get the B.Ed degree. Otherwise, they will not consider you for the teacher post. But there are some private schools where the management will take untrained candidates also as teachers. But the salary they will offer will be very less and no way comparable to the salary a trained government teacher gets. But to start with you can join there and do the B.Ed by correspondence course and once you get your B. Ed you can apply for government teacher post.
    For B.Tech candidates, some private engineering colleges are giving teaching assistant posts paying around Rs.10.000/- to Rs.15,000/- per month. You can join in such a post and while working there you can do your M.Tech course and once you complete your M Tech course you will become eligible for applying NET exam. Once you qualify for that exam you will get lecturer post with UGC scales. If you think that qualifying in the NET exam is difficult you have to get your Ph D degree while working in the private college as the lecturer and then you will be eligible for lecturer post in any college with UGC scales without writing the NET examination.
    These are the ways to get settled in teaching job for you.

    always confident

  • In order to remain in teaching profession say in a high school, you are required to procure a B. Ed degree despite the fact you have already having a B.Tech degree. However, there are privately managed schools where you will be allowed to teach the pupils with this qualification and availing this oppurtunity, you can sustain your studies for B.Ed.
    you may even opt for IGNOU for your B.Ed course since such option allows you to carry out your studies as per your convenience and also the B. Ed degree so earned is at par with the B.Ed degree persued by any regular college. Moreover, the degree has the recognition through UGC and you get a better plateform to sort out your difficulties through the capable professors in their teaching - session.
    However, comparing your remuneration over say a period of five years, it may not appear to be attractive. Hence think of other ways of teaching ie in an engineering college. You are required to take up M.Tech by securing high percentile in GATE and later appear for NET examination. This will pave the way for teaching in an engineering college and later you may acquire Ph.D

  • If you are interested in teaching line then B. Ed is an essential degree you should get. Otherwise you can only try some private schools in remote areas who are not much particular about it.

    If you are interested in lectureship in colleges then you have to go for M.Tech and then qualify in NET exam which will give you opportunity to apply in colleges for lectureship or Assistant Professor.

    Alternatively, you can complete your Ph.D after which you need not to go through the NET route.

    If you get a teaching job in some private college then you can also enrol for B.Ed in correspondence mode or join B. Ed in some evening college.

    Please note that thousands of students are completing their education and are ready to do any job, what to say of teaching job. So there is a tough competition and one should try to score as much as possible in these exams as that will be a major factor in ones selection.

    Knowledge is power.

  • You are B Tech graduate hoping for a career in teaching. The most fruitful path to be follwed will depend on your experience in teaching, the urgency with which you need to start having a job to earn, the time you have set apart for further studies.

    A.If you have to start working soon, then your choice will be coaching centers, evening private colleges, tuition firms, online coaching companies for students upto 12th in the subjects related to your B.Tech like mathematics, geometry etc. Smaller private schools and colleges in the peripheral areas will employ people without B.Ed as assistant teachers etc.

    B.Once you are employed, you enroll for B.Ed from IGNOU ( that is open for people with bachelor's degree in technology or engineering. The fees is Rs 50,000.00 and you have maximum of 5 years to complete your B.Ed.

    C.After you complete your B.Ed quickly (by 2 years), you can prepare and apply for the TGT exams and become a teacher in any government school and or private schools too.Here the experience you have gathered in teaching while you are doing your B.Ed will help/ be useful.

    E.While you in the good job as a full time teacher, you can consider doing any masters (M.Tech) or M.E from IGNOU and take up the SET/NET exams that will enable you to have a chance of getting a job as a lecturer in engineering colleges. After this you can do your PhD and gradually work your way up to assitant, associate and professor in an academic department in the Engineering collges ( both government and private)/

    F.If you have time and funds, you can do your B.Ed full time and start working in an evening college or online or coaching centers and then follow the rest as described above.

    G. The government is bringing in sweeping change in the B.Ed course, wherein it is soon going to introduce a FOUR year B.Ed program that will give the candidate a B.Ed + B.A or B.Ed + B.Sc or B.Ed + B.Com certification. You can consider this also if the timing is correct for you.The MHRD and National coucil for teacher education is planning on this integrated teacher training B.Ed program to be started from 2019.

    You can achieve your dreams if you are dedicated, hard working and aim to get the necessary qualification and at the same time have some teaching experience that will give you extra points compared to other candidates at the selection time.

  • Along with degree of any stream, you have to qualify B.ed(Bachelor of Education) or D.EL.ED to eligible for teacher. A Bachelor of Education(B. Ed) is an UG professional degree which prepare students for work as a teacher in school, though in some countries additional work must be done in order for the student to be fully qualified to teach. It is increasing the duration of the programme from one year to two years besides modifying the curriculum. This means now one has to study for five years to become teacher, as the minimum eligibility to pursue B.ed is a three undergraduate programme.
    If you finally decide to choose teaching as a career then you can do that course in regular or distance mode. It depend upon you what learning mode you wish to choose. Here are the list of colleges that offer B. ed programme in durgapur, West Bengal :
    1. Durgapur Institute of Management & Science :
    Shahid Sukumar Banerjee Sarani,
    Bidhan Nagar , Durgapur 713 21

    2. Durgapur Government College ; Jawaharlal Nehru Avenue, Amarabati Colony, Paschim Bardhaman, Durgapur, West Bengal 713214

    3. ABS institute of science technology and management : J.P. Avenue, Sagarbhanga, Dist. Burdwan, Durgapur, West Bengal 713211

    4. Steel City College of Education : City Centre Phase-II, Near Gandhi More, Surya Sen Sarani, Durgapur, West Bengal 713208

    You can also apply for any government job. There are many vacancies released by comapnies. If you intrested to do a job then you can visit ISC job section. There you can find latest recruitments released by companies. There is a demand of electronics and instrumentation aspirants. You can get a job in electronics comapnies such as Texas instruments, Cadence design system, yokogow which manufacture sensors. You'll get good salary if you have a knowledge and practical work in instrumentation and electronics.

  • Sign In to post your comments