You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Career Guidance

    Father's name problem in my education certificate

    Are you facing any spelling mistake in any education certificates? Worried about whether this will create any problem in the future? Check out this page for suggestions from Experts to resolve your issue.

    My father's name is wrongly spelt in my graduation certificate while it is correct in high school and intermediate certificates and even in PAN card and aadhar card.
    Will this create any problem in future?
  • Answers

    7 Answers found.
  • Definitely, the difference in the father's name will create a problem in document verification for government jobs. You have to get it corrected. You have not mentioned in which certificate your father's name is correct.
    Case 1. The name of the father in graduation is not correct but it is correctly mentioned in SSC certificate. Then you have to apply for correction to the University through the college you have studied. For this, you have to contact your college administration and explain to them the problem. You have to give an application in writing mentioning about the mistake in father's name. You have to attach your original graduate certificate and an attested copy of your SSC certificate. You don't forget to keep one or two attested copies of graduation certificate with you. Some Universities are doing these corrections online. If so you can do online as per the procedure mentioned in the website.
    case2: You father's name is not correct in SSC certificate but correct in Graduation certificate. In such case, you have to contact the school where you studied your 10th. You can apply through them for correction in writing. You have to attach an attested copy of your birth certiifcate in which your father name is mentioned correctly. You can also attach a copy of the Aadhaar card or Pan Card of your father where his name is correctly mentioned. The school will forward the application to the concerned board and the board will correct the name and it will send back the certificate to the school. Youcan collect it from the school.

    always confident

  • If your father's name is wrongly spelt in your graduation certificate then it is going to be a problem at the time of document verification.

    Any mismatch in the name is viewed seriously by the verifying authorities.

    So you have to apply to your university office for this correction and if required pay the requisite fee for this. Please check in the site of your institution whether you can apply online for this correction. If so, it will be convenient and save time.

    You have to give copy of some authentic documents like Aadhar card or PAN card along with your application so that they can refer the correct name there before making the correction and issuing the corrected document.

    Knowledge is power.

  • Discrepancy in father's name in Graduation documents will definitely cause difficulties, not only during recruitment examinations but in case of other cases also.

    You must submit an application to the University authorities from where you appeared in the Graduation examination requesting to issue revised admit card/mark sheet to you with the complete and correct name of your father. You should apply with necessary supporting documents like copy of your mother's AADHAR card, PAN card and any other document(s) which indicate(s) correct name of your father. I think that the Board/University authorities would accede to your request.

    If your request is not acceded to, you have to sign an affidavit before the First-class Magistrate of your city indicating the full name of your father. You would have to publish classified advertisements in two newspapers. You have to preserve the affidavit and original advertisements.

    "If you are killed in action, you go to Heaven. If you win, you rule this Earth (as beautiful as Heaven). That is why, O son of Kunti, take a firm resolve and fight!"-- Shrimad Bhagwad Gita

  • Certainly, it will create a problem in the future. I will suggest you should immediately contact your college principal and tell him about the misspelt in father's name. He will provide you with a form, fill the form and submit it in the principal office along with relevant documents and challan of fees. The principal will forward your application to the university and after 15-20 days you will receive a new correct mark sheet. So, contact your college principal as soon as possible.
    If your university has made it online your college principal will guide you how to fill the application online through kiosk center.

    Honesty is the best policy.

  • Any mismatch in father's name is a problem at the time of document verification as it leads to a doubt in the genuinity of the educational credentials.

    Anyway, you have to apply to the concerned university for getting it corrected. Please give the details of the correction sought along with a copy of some identification document like driving license, voter card, Aadhar card or PAN card where the name is correctly mentioned.

    It takes some time to get the corrected copy from the university office but it will help you to face the counselling session at the time of document verification.

    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

  • Many students thinking that the father is the problem but in your case the name become problem to you. However it should be get corrected instantaneously without any delay.
    Name,father's name,Date of birth are the basic details which required till our last breath for anything to be proved and they should be similar and a correct one in all documents. The school certificate for seniors and birth certificates for youngsters become a valid one. As the date of birth is deciding matters in one's life till his end,much care should be taken in the beginning itself. School certificate,college certificates,aadhaar,Pan card,voter Id, driving license should tally each other. You immediately approach in person to the college authorities and get corrected. No correspondences will yield good result rather than personal approach. Your delay will make the matter more delay.

  • Your father's name is correct in 10th,12th,PAN and Aadhaar cards.
    It is wrong in your graduation certificate.

    Yes, this could cause problems in future for Job applications, document verification for Government or overseas jobs.

    It would be better to rectify this soon. Please check the university under whose auspicies your graduation college falls under. The univeristy website or the administrative office will be having standarad procedures for such spelling or name corrections.

    1.You need to have proof of your father's correct name. His PAN or Aadhaar card or any valid ID that can be attested and sent along with your application form.
    2. A prescribed form for Degree/Graduation certificate Name correction of the respective univeristy.
    3.Attested copies of your current marks and degree certificates.
    4. Then the prescribed fees.

    Some univeristies offer this service online, wherein you can upload all the relavant documents and get the corrected certificate by post.

    If you are posting the documents, please keep the acknowledgement copies safely so that you can use in future communication, if you do not get your certificate by the usual time of 4 weeks.

    Lastly, check with the university regarding the supporting documents for father's 'correct name', if it wants a formal name affidavit, this can be done easily by approaching the Notary at your town or city.

  • Sign In to post your comments