You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Study Abroad

    Compartment in 12 board exam and less percentage in 12 board exam

    Have a query about compartment exam and how to improve the score? Looking out for the best options to save two years and yet get a better score? Here, on this page you can scroll through the responses from experts and decide forward plan of action.

    query about 12 board from CBSE. My sister has got compartment in one subject but the percentage is also very less, 33% . She is very confused that now what she should do. Can She give NIOS on demand examination to improve her mark in PHYSICS and CHEMISTRY? She has passed in Physics and Chemistry but she wants to improve marks in those two subjects .
    In this year she has also appeared for compartment exam in the subject in which she has got compartment but she was not able to clear it. She do not want to change her stream of science.
    Now the question is that: If she passes compartment exam next year and then appears for improvement exam in next year then she will lose two years. how to save these two years?
  • Answers

    5 Answers found.
  • The best way for her is to get admission to direct degree course without worrying about the 12th result. There are University offering direct graduation without asking for any pre-education certificates. My wife has done BA after SSC without doing 12th. She has done her BA from Andhra University, Visakhapatnam through a correspondence course. Many Universities are there. She can try any of the Universities. Thus she can save two years. Once she completes her BA she can go for either PG or B.Ed and go for a job in the line she prefers.

    always confident

  • Studying science is not the cup of tea of everyone. It requires a lot of hard work to grasp the fundamentals of science and then excel in it.

    So there is nothing to worry and I will suggest that she should change the stream immediately. There is no point in struggling in science stream and losing the previous time.

    You can select subjects of your choice in arts/ humanities stream and clear the class 12 next year. Then subsequently you can fine tune your subjects in B.A. and further in M.A.

    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

  • It is clear that your sister is not able to cope up with science stream. Still, she can take one more chance by appearing in compartment exam and if she qualifies it then she should switch to other stream of her choice. Science is not the only choice in educational set up.

    There are many fascinating subjects like History, Geography, Political Science, Psychology, English literature, Statistics etc and one can go for some of them as per aptitude and interest.

    After that there are open opportunities in going for educational/ teaching line or attempting exams for various competitive posts for vacancies in offices or directly applying in private organisations.

    Yes, there has been already a loss of an year but it will be compensated when new career line opens up.

    One thing which I want to mention is pursuing for academics and a career require dedication, concentration, focussed approach and hard work and without these ingredients one can not progress in the life. There is tremendous competition everywhere and just by passing in an exam or getting a degree is not going to help in making a fruitful career.

    Knowledge is power.

  • Question is what she wanted to do after Senior School Certificate Examination? She wanted to B.E., MBBS or any main stream graduation like BSc. Once you know answer for this then you can easily decide if she has to wait for two years or not. Otherwise only thinking without any future plan is waste of time.
    There are courses after 10th which allows to do diploma and later direct second year admission for various courses can be taken. But that case considering 12th score or 12th score improvement is not considered. So first decide her future plan and decide action.

    Life Is Beautiful

  • I have gone through your submission where you have asked the clarification whether your sister should clear the paper in the compartmental test or should appear in Physics and Chemistry apart from the paper in which she has failed.
    There is a simple strategy in relation to studies and to substantiate the fact an aspirant should take up the stream for which one has the deep passion and likings. It may range from Arts to Science streams. Choosing a stream as decided by the parents even though the candidates lack interest will not serve the purpose. However, changing of streams at this stage would not be a rational decision because of additional time consumption for the studies of changed streams thus wasting valuable time of your career. Opt for the compartmental test for the failed paper and clear class twelve.
    Your sister should take up the different stream preferably Arts with some universities offering degree course through distance mode. In that way, she would have enough time for preparation of the papers in her liesure timing and the guidance of such university will help her in scoring respectable marks in her degree examination thus offering her an oppurtunity to excel well in her forthcoming Examinatins or even she can start a service - career by writing for clerical Examinatins, Banking examinations etc.

  • Sign In to post your comments