You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Education

    Is it a problem if surname of parents is mentioned incorrectly in Class 12 CBSE marksheet

    Wondering if an incorrect spelling of parents' surname in the Class 12 mark sheet would create a problem? Learn how to resolve the issue with expert advice.

    In my class 10th marksheet my name, my parents' name, surname and every detail is correct but in my class 12th marksheet only the surname of my parents is incorrect. Will it become a problem? And due to CBSE not responding about this matter, my surname is not mentioned in my 1st semester marksheet. What should I do? I even asked my school and they said that CBSE (Ajmer region) is not giving any response. It has already been a year. Can someone please explain the process here. I really need help.
  • Answers

    3 Answers found.
  • It is very surprising. How the school can go away from the responsibility. They have to correspond with CBSE and see that the needful is done. Did you study the 10th and 12th in the same school? It is the responsibility of the school and the board to get the correction made.
    Send a registered letter to the school you have studied with all the details asking for a necessary correction. Keep acknowledgement due also so that you have a proof of their receipt
    The following is the information for contacting the CBSE.
    Enquiry Tel. 011-22509256, 22509257, 22509258, 22509259
    CBSE Helpline Number 1800-11-8002
    Email ID: info.cbse@gov[.in
    You talk to them through the helpline number and send the email with all the details and inform them about the school's response.
    They will definitely advise you and do the needful

    always confident

  • This would give rise to potential problems because you have a 10th CBSE sheet with your proper name and the 12th without the surname.

    I would suggest, follow the regulations to apply for a name correct procedure of CBSE.
    CBSE Regional Office
    Ajmer Region
    Address Todarmal Marg, Ajmer-305030
    Contact number:0145-2627460, 2629928, 0145-2621228

    you can send the necessary documents by post to the regional offices.First, as per CBSE, you would need a correct name affidavit. This will be issued by the Notary around the local Civil courts for a standard fee.
    Then please contact the local newspaper offices (one English, one vernacular) to publish your correct name in
    the papers and have a few original cut outs of the same.

    The fill up this application form (
    If you need clarifications, please check the website (

    Before approaching, please check the locality of your school and verify the correct office to contact, if not
    your application will not be processed.( The prescribed fees is Rs 1000.00.

    It would be advisable to have proof of your parent name also in case the board authorities ask for it. If the office is close by you can submit the necessary documents and forms yourself and collect the same in person.

  • Sign In to post your comments