You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Career Guidance

    Caste related problem in govt. jobs

    Preparing for government job? Worried if there is information mismatch about caste in any document? Resolve your worries and concerns by going through this page where our ISC experts have provide their suggestions.

    In my 10th class my category I have written General but not on the marksheet on CBSE 10th board registration form. Now I have done B.Tech and there I have written Schedule Caste. I originally belong to Schedule Caste. I have certificate also. Now I am preparing for govt. jobs. Is there any problem?
  • Answers

    4 Answers found.
  • If you are originally belonging to Schedule Caste and if you have a valid certificate to that effect, you will not have any problem. 10th and 12th certificates will be taken as the standard for your name, father's name and date of birth. But for caste, the caste certificate issued by the concerned authority is the valid document. So there may not be any issue in your case.

    always confident

  • Sir please some more suggestions

  • You have a valid caste certificate and your graduation degree is also reflecting this so you should not have any problem.

    Sometimes during document verification these things are asked why proper endorsement of this caste category is not mentioned in some of the certificates like high school etc. So you have to explain it accordingly that the certificate belongs to you only as the name, father's name, date of birth etc all matching with your data.

    These are minor variations and do not create any administrative problem.

    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

  • From your description it appears that in some of your educational credentials the fact that you are a schedule caste is not reflected.

    Now at this stage it may not be possible to get corrected those documents from the concerned authorities.

    Anyway as you have a valid schedule caste certificate you can always produce it along with other supporting documents that these educational certificates belong to you only.

    As a safer side you can go for a legal affidavit which can be got prepared with the help of a lawyer and bringing out all these missing details in the respective certificates. This affidavit is to be signed by you and countersigned by a first class magistrate under his seal.

    You can keep this with you during document verification in counselling or job interview sessions.

    Knowledge is power.

  • Sign In to post your comments