You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: India Educational Consultants

    Document Information regarding Father's name

    Planning for NEET exam? worried about name mismatch in any certificate? Check out this page and get advice from our ISC experts for your worries.

    My father's name in my 10th Certificate does not tally with that in my 12th certificate and Adhar card.
    Will it create any problem in NEET counseling and admissions in college?
    I am very Nervous.
    Do give your suggestion regarding Affidavits or any.
  • Answers

    4 Answers found.
  • From your query it is clear that your father's name is incorrect in your 10th certificate.

    Generally in such cases you have to approach the education board office under which you have been awarded this certificate. There is a laid down procedure for request for such corrections and you will have to apply to them manually or online and also may have to pay a fee for this. While applying you will have to submit the other authentic document copies mentioning the correct name of your father. For example you can enclose a copy of your father's Aadhar card or Voter card or PAN card in support of correct name of your father.

    Now you may be falling short of time in going through these procedures and what I can suggest in such cases is go for a legal affidavit.

    You have to approach a lawyer who will prepare a legal affidavit and all these details are to be mentioned their in and also you have to enclose the copies of your testimonials and authentic documents related to correct name of your father.

    This affidavit is to be signed by you and countersigned by a first class magistrate under his seal. You have to produce this affidavit in explaining the mismatch of your father's name in your 10th certificate.

    Knowledge is power.

  • The tenth certificate is the basis for your name, date of birth and name of the father. You have to get it changed. For this, you have to approach the school in which you have studied your tenth class and apply in writing for the correction. I feel it is a clerical mistake as you say it is correct in your 12th certificate. The head of the institute will forward your application to the concerned board and the board will do the needful.
    When you know that there is a mistake in your father's name in your 10th certificate, why did you not take corrective action immediately? The board may take a little time as already there is a delay from your side in sending the request. Take a xerox copy of your application to the board and take the signature of the institute you are submitting your application with a stamp of the organisation. You can show it in the document verification and ask them to give some time for submitting the corrected certificate.

    always confident

  • While scrutinizing applications, offering appointments, giving token numbers, allotting employee numbers the candidates with similar name are identified or differentiated with their father name only. In such cases the father name is inevitable.
    Name,father's name,Date of birth are the basic details which required till our last breath for anything to be proved and they should be similar and a correct one in all documents. The school certificate for seniors and birth certificates for youngsters become a valid one. As the date of birth is deciding matters in one's life till his end,much care should be taken in the beginning itself. School certificate,college certificates,aadhaar,Pan card,voter Id, driving license should tally each other. You immediately approach in person to the college authorities and get corrected. No correspondences will yield good result rather than personal approach. Your delay will make the matter more delay.
    The name,father's name surname etc., should be get verified even at the stage of collecting from school leaving itself as the same become base documents for the further studies as well for employment or anything.

  • Discrepancy appearing in your father's name in your class tenth certificate needs to corrected immediately since during the document - verification stage, you will be harassed unnecessarily for such a minor mistake.
    The immediate step to be taken at this stage is to contact your Principal from where you have passed class ten along with an application mentioning the error appearing in your class ten certificate. He may write a forwarding note indicating the correct name of your father as appearing in the admission - register of the school. A prescribed fee in the form of demand - draft for the correction of the mistake should be enclosed along with the application and to sent to the office of the Board addressing the authorised officials. You may send the same in a registered post with an acknowledgement - receipt subsequently to be signed by the authorised person of the Board and this receipt will be sent to you in due course. Keep this receipt in support of proof of your despatch.
    In case, there is paucity of time, you can straight way meet a lawyer in the office of Rotary magistrate along with the photo - copies of your Aadhar - card, Driving - licence and your class ten certificate. Lawyer would make an affidavit where your signature would appear and the same would be countersigned by the First - class magistrate. Get it published in a leading News - paper in English and the other being the local one for the wide publicity of the correction. You need to preserve the cutting and to be shown during the stage of document - verification.

  • Sign In to post your comments