You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Career Guidance

    Name change problem in documents

    Is there any name mismatch in any document? Worried about which name to fill in the application form? No worries, our ISC experts shall provide you with correct advice to resolve your worries.

    I am applying for govt job but there is a problem in my 10 class certificate. My father's name does not tally in 10 class certificate.
    When I applied I saw that according to notification candidate name , date of birth and father name should be according to 10 class certificate.
    Now I am confused what to fill my father name? Will this affect me getting a govt job? What to fill: name according to 10 certificate or according to rest certificate and ID's?
    Can you suggest me? I have to fill the form as the last date is arriving soon.
  • Answers

    4 Answers found.
  • If the name is not correctly mentioned in the certificate then it will create mismatch at the time of document verification especially at the time of interview or counselling. It is really unfortunate that you have not observed it earlier. In such cases more older is the case more difficult to get it rectified by the concerned authorities.

    Anyway, you have to contact your education board office for feasibity of this correction as sometimes they show their inability to do so after a long gap of time.

    You can apply for this correction and pay the requisite fee if any. In some places there is facility of applying for correction and paying the fee online also.

    You can ask and confirm the procedure also from the school from where you did your class 10. Please remember that you have to provide a copy of some authentic document also with your application for the correction in support of the correct name of your father. It could be the Aadhar card or Voter card or ration card or PAN card etc of your father.

    Alternatively you can contact a lawyer also and take his help in preparing a legal affidavit in which all these facts should be brought out and then it should be signed by you and countersigned by a first class magistrate under his seal. You have to keep this affidavit to show at the time of document verification whenever it is necessary.

    Knowledge is power.

  • You have completed your 10th class long back. Why did you not check at that time and take the correct action? Delayed cases will become difficult and some time takes very long time for getting the corrections made. Anyhow better late than never. Now you apply for the correction through the school you have studied to the board in writing by attaching the required documents as suggested by your school and the required fee and submit it to the school. Take a xerox copy of the whole set of your application and take an acknowledgement with office stamp and keep with you for showing to the concerned officer as a proof that you are in the process of taking the corrective action.
    In all your applications to government jobs write the correct name of your father. Don't mention a wrong name. After the selection during police enquiry, it will become a problem.
    If there is any urgency I suggest you contact a good lawyer in your area and try to make an affidavit as proof of your father's name. The lawyer will guide you in this respect.

    always confident

  • Thanks a lot sir..

  • Many students nowadays accompanying with parents while collecting school certificates etc., As they are going to the schools with friends the possibility of cheking such things are less as they playfully got the certificates and return to home. Later on applying to other courses only they realize the error. The do not know the impact in the error and they do not know that the name,father's name,date of birth will be just copied from the basic certificate of ssc by subsequent authorities by believing that they are correct. I have seen during my service that one candidate gave his application with the name of 'subramonian', on suspicion I asked him whether subramanian or subramonian. He told that this name is subramanian only but school authorities wrote as subramonian and the same is continued since then without any botheration.
    Name,father's name,Date of birth are the basic details which required till our last breath for anything to be proved and they should be similar and a correct one in all documents. The school certificate for seniors and birth certificates for youngsters become a valid one. As the date of birth is deciding matters in one's life till his end,much care should be taken in the beginning itself. School certificate,college certificates,aadhaar,Pan card,voter Id, driving license should tally each other. You immediately approach in person to the college authorities and get corrected. No correspondences will yield good result rather than personal approach. Your delay will make the matter more delay.
    The name,father's name surname etc., should be get verified even at the stage of collecting from school leaving itself as the same become base documents for the further studies as well for employment or anything.

  • Sign In to post your comments