You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: State Government

    Name missing in tenth certificate and adhar card

    Facing any issue in certificate and documents to be submitted for passport for visa purpose? Looking out for advice to resolve this issue? Scroll through this page for advice from our ISC experts.

    I have completed my tenth from Maharashtra and graduation from Andhra Pradesh. There is a name mismatch in my tenth certificate with that in all other documents.
    Will this create ant problem in passport or visa process?
  • Answers

    5 Answers found.
  • No it will not create any problem for passport but might create problem for VISA.
    You see , in order to validate that that certificate belongs to you only way is name matching with other certificates. So you will need to get either duplicate certificate or get an affidavit that other certificate and that certificate has same name for same person. if you are lucky then marksheet name also sometimes considered , provided you have matching them in all certificates.
    All the best.

    Life Is Beautiful

  • If you are required to give the 10th certificate as proof of your date of birth then this mismatch will be a serious matter.

    In that case you will have to get the corrected certificate from your education board office for which you can find the application procedure from your college.

    Alternatively, you can go for a legal affidavit by consulting with a lawyer in which you have to enumerate all these facts in form of an oath and this affidavit is to be got signed by a first class magistrate under his seal. You have to annex the necessary document copies like educational certificates, Aadhar card etc along with the affidavit.

    This affidavit is to be shown to the concerned authorities at the time of interview or counselling in connection with your passport or Visa.

    Knowledge is power.

  • Any mismatch will create a problem if not today, it will be tomorrow. So it is always better to take corrective action. For all practical purposes, the SSC certificate is the basis for Name of the candidate, name of the father and date of Birth. In your enquiry, you have not mentioned in which year you passed your tenth class. If it is long back getting corrected will be difficult and may take a lot of time and efforts. So immediately you contact a lawyer in your area and explain him the problem and arrange for getting an affidavit made. The advocate will guide you in getting this. Simultaneously you apply to the concerned board through the school you have studied for correction.

    always confident

  • First of all you should check up which certificate spells correctly. However your SSC certificate is base for everything. So, if your SSC certificate itself with wrong spelling, you should approach your school authorities first and get the certificate corrected and then your other certificates should get corrected. If your SSC certificate is correct then it is easy to correct all other certificates even aadhaar card or voter ID etc.,
    Name,father's name,Date of birth are the basic details which required till our last breath for anything to be proved and they should be similar and a correct one in all documents. The school certificate for seniors and birth certificates for youngsters become a valid one. As the date of birth is deciding matters in one's life till his end,much care should be taken in the beginning itself. School certificate,college certificates,aadhaar,Pan card,voter Id, driving license should tally each other. You immediately approach in person to the college authorities and get corrected. No correspondences will yield good result rather than personal approach. Your delay will make the matter more delay.
    The name,father's name surname etc., should be get verified even at the stage of collecting from school leaving itself as the same become base documents for the further studies as well for employment or anything.

  • Yes, any mismatch will pose problems in your documentation- verification. You need to take a corrective step so that you get a duplicate certificate from the Board indicating your correct name. Yeah u may write an application to the concerned Board indicating the error crept in your name with the comments of your Principal of the school from where you passed your Board. He may look into the admission register and point out the actual name appearing in the Register. Along with the application enclose the demand - draft of requisite amount and send the application to the chairman of the Board. Hopefully, you will get a duplicate - certificate.
    The other way would be to approach a lawyer in connection with an affidavit to be made by the Notary - magistrate of your area. You may hand over the photocopies of Aadhar - card, Voter - I'd card etc in support of your correct name. He would make a draft in the affidavit paper and finally you need to put your signature in the affidavit and finally the affidavit will be signed by the magistrate. Preserve the notification released by the court and get it published in two leading papers including one being local. You would be required to produce these cuttings along with your affidavit paper during the stage of document - verification.

  • Sign In to post your comments