Final year in B.tech with YEAR BACK - Should I write UPSC CSE 2019?

What will happen if you attent UPSC exam but fail to get your degree certificate? Learn how to deal with this situation.

I am in my final year of B.Tech and will probably end up with a year extension. Just suppose I cleared UPSC 2019 with a good, and unable to present a degree? Will they disqualify me for future attempts?

I will get my degree in August 2020. I am in my final year, with multiple backlogs. I am preparing for UPSC. But, In doubt whether by mistake I got selected in the first attempt, and failed to submit my degree. Will they blacklist me for future attempts. Should I write UPSC 2019 or not? Any experience or any source which can help me to find its answer
  • #153070
    Final year degree students will be allowed to sit for Civil services preliminary examination if the age criteria are met. If you are qualified in the preliminary examination and if you have to sit in the main exam, you have to submit your qualifying degree certificate. Otherwise, you will not be allowed to give the main exam. As such the question of getting selected for civil service post and not getting the degree will not arise. So you need not worry about not allowing you for further examinations. You better concentrate on your B.Tech and first complete that. Without that there is no chance for you to get selected for IAS.

• #153120
    First of all, in such national level competitive examinations, the students pursuing their final year are eligible and can appear in the same. Hence you can also appear but in case if you will not be able to complete your degree this year, you will not get blacklisted and can try next year also.
    My advice for you is to focus on your B.Tech first but can appear in the examination to get an idea about the exam. This experience will be helpful for you next year. So, complete your degree successfully with good grades and then try for UPSC. The reason behind this is, if by any chance, you will not be able to clear that exam, you will be able to get a good job as your career. We should always have a backup plan, especially when it is about the career.

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

• #153122
    Yes you won't be able to get selected in civil services if you don't possess the degree when you clear the UPSC exams.

You need to focus more on your engineering first. As you can give civil services exams up to some age. There is an age limit to give civil services.

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

• #153123
    Though you may not be black - listed in the wake of your non - clearance of the qualifying degree in the event of final selection in the IAS, but such a development would cause frustration within your self.
    Hence, you need to make a clear cut planning of completing the qualifying - first and then appear for the UPSC examination and such a prudent planning will yield a positive result.
    There are numerous aspirants appearing for UPSC examination with the hope of clearing the qualifying examination with grand marks but they don't achieve the desired result.
    However, by clearing UPSC examination and their failure to pass the qualifying test offers them an oppurtunity to be familiar with the pattern of UPSC examination.
    Such exposure will offer them distinct ideas how this prestigious examination can be cleared in the next time.