You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Family & Life

    My father's name is a little diffrent in my 10 & 12 marksheet

    Worried about father's name as reflected in the class X mark sheet and a doubt whether it would create any problem in future. Check this page to know for the solution from our experts.

    My name is Abhishek Jaswal and my Father's name in his documents is Durga Singh but in my 10 & 12 mark sheet it is Durga Singh Jaswal. The Jaswal is extra in my mark sheet ! Jaswal is our surname but my father don't apply it on his name and he don't even applied it in his documents.
    So the main question is that my Father name is Durga Singh Jaswal in my 10 & 12 mark sheet but in his documents, it is Durga Singh only. Will it affect me on future?
  • Answers

    6 Answers found.
  • The name,father's name surname etc., should be get verified even at the stage of collecting from school leaving itself as the same become base documents for the further studies as well for employment or anything.Name,father's name,Date of birth are the basic details which required till our last breath for anything to be proved and they should be similar and a correct one in all documents. The school certificate for seniors and birth certificates for youngsters become a valid one. As the date of birth is deciding matters in one's life till his end,much care should be taken in the beginning itself. School certificate,college certificates,aadhaar,Pan card,voter Id, driving license should tally each other. You immediately approach in person to the college authorities and get corrected. No correspondences will yield good result rather than personal approach. Your delay will make the matter more delay.

  • A discrepancy in your father's name in Xth and XIIth documents will definitely cause difficulties, not only during recruitment examinations but in case of other cases also.

    You must submit an application to the concerned Board authorities from where you appeared in the Xth/XIIth examination requesting to issue revised admit card/mark sheet to you with the complete and correct name of your father. You should apply with necessary supporting documents like copy of your father's AADHAR card, PAN card and any other document(s) which indicate(s) correct name of your father. I think that the Board authorities would accede to your request.

    If your request is not acceded to, you have to sign an affidavit before the First-class Magistrate of your city indicating the full name of your father. You would have to publish classified advertisements in two newspapers. You have to preserve the affidavit and original advertisements.

    "If you are killed in action, you go to Heaven. If you win, you rule this Earth (as beautiful as Heaven). That is why, O son of Kunti, take a firm resolve and fight!"-- Shrimad Bhagwad Gita

  • I don't think it will be a problem. Problem would have been more if your father's name would not have matched with your documents and aadhar card.

    Now also it may get corrected as you may ask the education board to do that. Just fill the application along with the required documents and affedewit enclosed with the application they ask.


    " The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

  • In my opinion, you do need to worry. As all your document have same father's name. At the time of document verification you have submit your own documents not of your father's documents. So, if all your documents have similar father name it will not create any problem in future.

    Honesty is the best policy.

  • This type of mismatch in the name creates problem and embarrassment at the time of document verification in connection with a counselling session or interview. So it has to be got rectified from the concerned authorities.

    You have to approach your board office and give an application along with the requisite fee, if any and ask for issue of corrected mark sheets. If your 10th and 12th are different educational entities then you have to apply at both the places. You can also see whether they have an online facility for such tasks or not.

    Alternatively, you can go for a legal affidavit also. You will have to contact a lawyer in this regard who will prepare an affidavit in this matter giving details of all these mismatches in you educational credentials and will also mention the correct name of your father as mentioned in his personal documents like Aadhaar card, PAN card, Voter card etc and then highlight the mistake occurred in your mark sheets. The copy of the documents which illustrate correct name of you father will also form a part of the affidavit and will have to be annexed with it.

    Once prepared this affidavit will be signed by you and countersigned by a first class magistrate under his seal. Now whenever you are being called for document verification keep a copy of this affidavit handy in case the authorities require it for records. Always keep the original documents with you which have been mentioned in the affidavit for verification purposes.

    Knowledge is power.

  • It is always better not to take any risk in respect of correctness od documents.
    Your father's name may not be very seriously looked into for private jobs but when the question of government jobs come it will definitely matter.
    Earlier days such verifications are less. But now it is very severe. So I advise you to get the name corrected.
    You please contact the school where you studied your 10th and 12th classes and give an application in writing to them with all the required attachments. Keep a copy of the application with acknowledgement for your reference. The school will forward it to the concerned board and get the corrections made accordingly. It may take 4 to 6 weeks for them to complete the work.
    If you want you can make an affidavit in which you can declare your father's name correctly. For this, you may have to contact a good advocate in by him our area. You will get guided by him in a correct way.

    always confident

  • Sign In to post your comments