• Category: Other Jobs

Doubt about qualifications for applying to government jobs

Confused about getting a government job after studying distance bachelor's degree? Searching for detailed eligibility criteria for a government job? Scroll through this page and get answers for all your questions.

The Acharya Nagarjuna university (ANU) is providing distance education of bachelor of degree for those who have completed their Xth standard. There is no necessity to do X+II. So i've applied and completed BA after my Xth from ANU. I don't have X+II. Am I eligible for govt jobs with degree qualification?
  • #153267
    The degree you have obtained is equal to a regular graduation degree for all practical purpose. You can apply for all the post where the prescribed qualification is a graduation. There is no necessity of 12th certificate. You can write in your application that you got educated through distance education from Acharya Nagarjuna University. But with BA getting a government job is very difficult. I suggest you complete your B.Ed so that you will be eligible for teacher post and chances of getting a government job will be better. Even jobs in the private sector also very less for BA. So I suggest you get some additional degree.

• #153487
    The Acharya Nagarjun University located at Andhra Pradesh is recognised from UGC and hence your degree acquired through distance mode will get recognition in every related field.
    You can apply for the jobs where the eligibility - criteria for the post of graduation.
    However, some employers may raise objection during the recruitment - process since you did not undergo the course of 10+2, though the University allowed you for the continuation of this graduation degree through distance - mode.
    Mere a degree in graduation in Arts would not enhance your employability - status. Go in for B.Ed and with this degree, you can apply for the post of teacher in Higher Secondary School. Alternatively, you can look for a MBA degree in the field of human - resource from a recognised university so that your career prospects is widened.